Fizik Cyrano R00 vs R1 Handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Hi there.. Im in process of making lighter C60 and part of the process is upgrade my handlebar.

In this moment im riding Zipp Service Course Sl-80, with Fizik Cyrano R1 Stem (110mm). Planing to go with Fizik Cyrano handlebar with Bull or Chameleon shape.

1. What shape would be close to my Zipp Service Course SL80 handlebar? In my opinion it's Bull, but somewhere i read it that Fizik would be shorter reach based on position for installing Levers, so that why thinking if maybe Chameleon would be the righ decision instead of Bull. So Bull or Chameleon shape?

No chance to try it before i order.

2. Of course that i want as lighter as possible.. But also for handlebar very important thing is to be stiff enough and no flex.If there is no more flex on Cyrano R00 i'll go that way.. Otherwise R1.. So what is ur opinion abut flex in Cyrano R1 and R00 handlebars?
Last edited by 3Pio on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

When I first built up my Allez, I used a Fizik Cyrano R1 bar (Chameleon).

After about 6 months, I ended up swapping the Fizik for a Specialized Aerofly bar so that I could get the fit of the Allez to match the fit of my Venge, exactly. Comparing the two bars, the Fizik had a farther reach. It was also more flexy. It wasn't something I noticed until I swapped on the aerofly bar, though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euka

by euka

3Pio wrote:2. Of course that i want as lighter as possible.. But also for handlebar very important thing is to be stiff enough and no flex.If there is no more flex on Cyrano R00 i'll go that way.. Otherwise R1.. So what is ur opinion abut flex in Cyrano R1 and R00 handlebars?

I have 46cm cyrano 00 snake handlebar in my cyclocross and it is super flexy. I kinda like it for smoothing out vibrations but if you want a stiff bar look elsewhere. I would't put this bar to my roadbike.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

my 00 42cm (bull model) was 184g but not very stiff. comfy but noticeably more flex than the r3. haven't tried the r1 yet

3Pio

by 3Pio

Thanks a lot for all ur reply's

Seem that u help me a lot with dilemma i had..

Probably i'll stay on my Zipp Alloy Handlebar and probably upgrade Rear Cassette for lighter weigh in total.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Since i still need somewhere to shave weight :)

Can u recommend me carbon handlebar that would shave weight from my Zipp Service Course SL-80 (263 gm real weight), and be still stiff enough? I would prefer 75-80mm reach, 125-130 drop (even maybe 135).

Thanks

UncleJamsArmy

by UncleJamsArmy

^Ritchey Superlogic Evocurve.

3Pio

by 3Pio

UncleJamsArmy wrote:^Ritchey Superlogic Evocurve.

I can see two weights on this bar..

One 195 gm, and another place they claim that for 2017 is 220 gm which is not that light anymore (i'll save only 40 gm over my Alloy Zipp).

Also forget to mention i need Light, Stiff and Campy levers compatible handlebar.

Any other suggestion ?

3Pio

by 3Pio

wiggof8 wrote:you have to choose only 00 or r1?

shmolke or lightweight how do you think?

No, it does not have to be 00 or r1. I thought of Cyrano Handelbaer, since im owning Fizik cyrano R1 Stems (110 and 120), and like how it look like, and will match nice my Colnago C60 + Campagnolo build. But more important to me is function, then the look, so im open for every other suggestion.

Lightweight ans shmolke is not an option, since im ordering more parts at once, and got nice discount and from where im ordering dont stock lightweight/shmolke :(

3Pio

by 3Pio

I just noticed a new handlebar from FSA

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/products/ ... compact-2/

Anyone experience or opinion about this one?

And what is the general opinion about carbon vs alloy handlebar in 2017? U think it's worth to upgrade my Alloy Zipp Service Course SL-80 to carbon handlebar?

ms6073

by ms6073

Oh dear, going to have to get one of those for the wife's bike. I have Enve but since they do not make a bar narrow enough for her, she has FSA.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com