Parlee Altum owners- Let's Talk tire sizes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JimV

by JimV

It depends on the wheel.

Pave27's on 202's no problem, but on 808's you can get rub on the chainstays. Something like a one of Mavic's rock stiff aluminum wheels. you could probably run a 30mm. It also is about tire pressure. If you run your 28mm and 100+psi the tire is more than likely wider than 28mm

It depends on the wheel and how much power you put out and how neat you are out of the saddle

Altum owner

boots2000

by boots2000

This^^^
I just got one too-
I am running 700x28mm Schwable One tires on the regular width (wider than a normal rim but not plus) Hed Belgium rims.

RichTheRoadie wrote:Doesn't mean you can't still buy them!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

In a similar-but-different note, how do rims like the HED Stinger 4s fit? They're already 28mm wide, so I'm nervous about committing but I can't 'try before I buy'.

boots2000

by boots2000

My guess is yes- but I only have a set of Enve 4.5- nothing closer than that to check with.

RichTheRoadie wrote:In a similar-but-different note, how do rims like the HED Stinger 4s fit? They're already 28mm wide, so I'm nervous about committing but I can't 'try before I buy'.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

So we're confirmed on the 28c Vittoria Corsa Graphenes fitting the Altum, right? Anyone with the tubular version confirm 100% for me before I commit?

I'm thinking the Anthracite sidewall version could look quite cool on mine...

sureal

by sureal

Do you guys mind sharing where I can still buy them, better with discount ?

sureal

by sureal

#pls ignore this due to duplicate post#

Do you guys mind sharing where I can still buy them, better with discount ?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

RichTheRoadie wrote:So we're confirmed on the 28c Vittoria Corsa Graphenes fitting the Altum, right? Anyone with the tubular version confirm 100% for me before I commit?

I'm thinking the Anthracite sidewall version could look quite cool on mine...

Vittoria 28 mm tubular should fit. I have not tried them, but for reference a 25 mm Continental GP 4000S clincher on a rim with a 19 - 20 mm internal width fits with good clearance. That combo is probably as big or bigger then most 28 mm tubulars.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

sureal wrote:Do you guys mind sharing where I can still buy them, better with discount ?

You mean the Altum R, or the Vittoria tyres?

I can't share my contact for the Parlee I'm afraid - you'll have to just find a good price locally or online.