handlebars Easton EC90 Aero vs EC70 Aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

westwood

by westwood

Hi,
I would buy a new aero handlebars on my Cannondale SuperSix Evo.
Previously I rode FSA K-Wing but I want to change.
I have a matte black frame and I would like for the handlebars were also matte black with simple graphic.
And I also want to the handlebars be suitable for internal wiring.
I like Easton EC90 Aero or cheaper EC70 Aero.
I can never find any reviews.
If anyone has them, you can write me what is your experience with them?
What is the differences between them?
What is the real weight?
I will be happy for your feedback
Thanks

bikebreak

by bikebreak

westwood wrote:...
I like Easton EC90 Aero or cheaper EC70 Aero.
I can never find any reviews.
If anyone has them, you can write me what is your experience with them?
What is the differences between them?
What is the real weight?
I will be happy for your feedback
Thanks

Funny, I couldn't decide and picked up both in 40cm c-c
70 is 234g
90 is 223g
the 90 has finger ridges on the front and drops, 130mm drop vs 145mm on the 70
I've been thinking of selling the 70 since I never used it. I was going to put it on my rain bike which has EA70 but never wanted to be bothered retaping. All the Easton bars are great

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I recently bought an EC70 aero bar. Had it on the bike about a month now, and I too went through this debate.

I believe the new EC70 aero and EC90 aero are identical in shape. The difference is weight and graphics, with the 90 about 25g lighter - 255 vs. 230, according to Easton's specs. I was in a rush to get my bike built and forgot to weigh the EC70 before I installed it.

I went with the 70 because I didn't feel like spending another $50 to save 25 grams, plus it's on my race bike, so cheaper is better from a replacement standpoint.

The bar was fairly easy to build up - internally routed bars are never a cakewalk, but it was easier than the FSA K-Wings I owned many years ago.

It's not the stiffest bar I've owned, but it's not wobbly either. I got rid of my K-Wings because they felt like a wet noodle.

Other than that, the shape, drop, and reach all work for me.

pmdd72

by pmdd72

Is there enough room to fit a K-Edge Garmin mount with these bars?

I'm currently using a 3T ARX Pro stem.

Thanks!

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I think so. I've got my PC8 mounted on there with the Easton EA90 stem. If I went to an EC90 or Zipp Sprint or something similar, then no, I don't think there would be room.

gsindela

by gsindela

2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

dak

by dak

I had the ec70 aero on my 2016 Evo HM. They worked well and I too did not want to spend the extra cash for the ec90. Plus I preferred the graphics on the 70, more subtle. I eventually switched back to 3T Ergonovas. better shape to the drops for me. also 60 grams lighter and still internally routed, plus I could not use the bar-end Junction for my di2 with the Eastons. There was blockage internally where the shifters clamp.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

Nixster

by Nixster

I have EC70 on my Supersix Evo2, they're 250g or were before I trimmed the rear extension on the drops. Nice bars if not as light as ergonovas but then they aren't aero. I'm using a Fetha stem mount for my Garmin as there wasn't much space on the round part of the bars so the mount didn't sit complexly straight. Which drove me nuts obviously :roll:
EC90 was pretty close in weight, closer than Easton say, and was £70 more at the time so not justifiable.

Renne

by Renne

I have the EC90 Aero's, coming from the Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II, I found them to be stiffer and the bend just works a lot better for me. I really like compact bends and the Easton one might not be as good as the FSA compact bend for me (my favorite so far) the EC90's are a lot more aero than the FSA bars so I can live with it. Weight was around the 230gr mark. I was also going to get the EC70 Aero bar but got a good deal on the 90's when the 70's where out of stock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com