handlebars Easton EC90 Aero vs EC70 Aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

westwood

by westwood

Hi,
I would buy a new aero handlebars on my Cannondale SuperSix Evo.
Previously I rode FSA K-Wing but I want to change.
I have a matte black frame and I would like for the handlebars were also matte black with simple graphic.
And I also want to the handlebars be suitable for internal wiring.
I like Easton EC90 Aero or cheaper EC70 Aero.
I can never find any reviews.
If anyone has them, you can write me what is your experience with them?
What is the differences between them?
What is the real weight?
I will be happy for your feedback
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikebreak

by bikebreak

westwood wrote:...
I like Easton EC90 Aero or cheaper EC70 Aero.
I can never find any reviews.
If anyone has them, you can write me what is your experience with them?
What is the differences between them?
What is the real weight?
I will be happy for your feedback
Thanks

Funny, I couldn't decide and picked up both in 40cm c-c
70 is 234g
90 is 223g
the 90 has finger ridges on the front and drops, 130mm drop vs 145mm on the 70
I've been thinking of selling the 70 since I never used it. I was going to put it on my rain bike which has EA70 but never wanted to be bothered retaping. All the Easton bars are great

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I recently bought an EC70 aero bar. Had it on the bike about a month now, and I too went through this debate.

I believe the new EC70 aero and EC90 aero are identical in shape. The difference is weight and graphics, with the 90 about 25g lighter - 255 vs. 230, according to Easton's specs. I was in a rush to get my bike built and forgot to weigh the EC70 before I installed it.

I went with the 70 because I didn't feel like spending another $50 to save 25 grams, plus it's on my race bike, so cheaper is better from a replacement standpoint.

The bar was fairly easy to build up - internally routed bars are never a cakewalk, but it was easier than the FSA K-Wings I owned many years ago.

It's not the stiffest bar I've owned, but it's not wobbly either. I got rid of my K-Wings because they felt like a wet noodle.

Other than that, the shape, drop, and reach all work for me.

pmdd72

by pmdd72

Is there enough room to fit a K-Edge Garmin mount with these bars?

I'm currently using a 3T ARX Pro stem.

Thanks!

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I think so. I've got my PC8 mounted on there with the Easton EA90 stem. If I went to an EC90 or Zipp Sprint or something similar, then no, I don't think there would be room.

gsindela

by gsindela

2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

dak

by dak

I had the ec70 aero on my 2016 Evo HM. They worked well and I too did not want to spend the extra cash for the ec90. Plus I preferred the graphics on the 70, more subtle. I eventually switched back to 3T Ergonovas. better shape to the drops for me. also 60 grams lighter and still internally routed, plus I could not use the bar-end Junction for my di2 with the Eastons. There was blockage internally where the shifters clamp.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

Nixster

by Nixster

I have EC70 on my Supersix Evo2, they're 250g or were before I trimmed the rear extension on the drops. Nice bars if not as light as ergonovas but then they aren't aero. I'm using a Fetha stem mount for my Garmin as there wasn't much space on the round part of the bars so the mount didn't sit complexly straight. Which drove me nuts obviously :roll:
EC90 was pretty close in weight, closer than Easton say, and was £70 more at the time so not justifiable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Renne

by Renne

I have the EC90 Aero's, coming from the Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II, I found them to be stiffer and the bend just works a lot better for me. I really like compact bends and the Easton one might not be as good as the FSA compact bend for me (my favorite so far) the EC90's are a lot more aero than the FSA bars so I can live with it. Weight was around the 230gr mark. I was also going to get the EC70 Aero bar but got a good deal on the 90's when the 70's where out of stock.