Trek Emonda SLR Color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

1234SO

by 1234SO

Hi guys,

I could get a good deal for an Emonda SLR frameset in the color "Matte Battleship Blue" (this is color you get if you just buy the frameset in 2017). The images look good but not amazing. Has someone seen the frame in this color (i.e. not on pics only)? Any insights would be highly appreciated. Here is also the link to the frame:

http://www.trekbikes.com/ch/de_CH/bikes ... 0100-2017/

THANKS

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

I can't help you with this. But I think the colour should look good in person. And it's also quite unique.

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

I think it looks pretty good. At least its not another black and red bike!
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Saw the frame in same color while visiting my LBS this morning. The color looks even better in person IMHO.

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

eric01 wrote:I think it looks pretty good. At least its not another black and red bike!

OUCH.

I've not seen that color, but if the paint is similar to the Dnister Black on mine, it's rather thin and rubs off with not much friction. It also cleans up nice with 10:1 mixture of Simple Green and water.

BRM

by BRM

"Matte Battleship Blue" sounds interesting, but sorry it just looks to ordinairy primer . . . :|

GambadiLegno

by GambadiLegno

Well, I've never seen it, but I would like to. Seems to be quite original and at least looking at the picture I like it. It's different, I'd go for it.

1234SO

by 1234SO

HI all, thanks so much for your thoughts. I decided to go for a black frame. I was not excited enough about the blue one.

Will post pictures in January.

Cheers

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

1234SO wrote:HI all, thanks so much for your thoughts. I decided to go for a black frame. I was not excited enough about the blue one.

Will post pictures in January.

Cheers

You know what they say, Once you go black......

You have to be happy with the color. The more excited you are about a bike, the more you'll ride it.

em3

by em3

oldnslow2 wrote:
I've not seen that color, but if the paint is similar to the Dnister Black on mine, it's rather thin and rubs off with not much friction. It also cleans up nice with 10:1 mixture of Simple Green and water.

If your finish is rubbing off it is easily explained by ur use of Simple Green as a cleaner....even with ur high dilution mix the Ph is way too high and will eat through your clear coat or result in clouding your clear coat. Anything that will eat through aluminum should not be used on you finish. Use soap and water or another solution like 409.

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

em3 wrote:
oldnslow2 wrote:

If your finish is rubbing off it is easily explained by ur use of Simple Green as a cleaner....even with ur high dilution mix the Ph is way too high and will eat through your clear coat or result in clouding your clear coat. Anything that will eat through aluminum should not be used on you finish. Use soap and water or another solution like 409.

The bike has a matte finish so there's no clearcoat.

It's wearing on the top tube because my thighs occasionally touch. And where the brake cables touch the head tube. And I have to be cause when transporting it in my car.

garysol1
Shop Owner

by garysol1

Super late to the thread but here is what the Matte Battleship actually looks like..

Emonda SLR
Kona JTS
Specialized AWOL
Trek Stache 9.7
Specialized Fatboy

garysol1
Shop Owner

by garysol1

Johnny Rad wrote:More. Need more.

Happy unwrapping and building.

I wish..... It was a warranty replacement frame that I sold off to fund a Domane SLR build...... It was a replacement for this frame..

Emonda SLR
Kona JTS
Specialized AWOL
Trek Stache 9.7
Specialized Fatboy

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What happened that you needed a warranty replacement?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com