Trek Emonda SLR Color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lowside67

by lowside67

I would also be interested to know. I love the weight, love the look, and love the direct mount brakes - but a lot of reviews wow at the weight factor but don't seem to have nearly as much love for the ride quality. I am looking for one to be my one and only bike - and our average rides are 80-100km, so comfort is important, but I love geeking out on bike parts and would like to build the lightest reliable bike I can. I wonder about tire clearance - think there is anyway a 28mm would fit?

Mark

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

rsiv wrote:
oldnslow2 wrote:
DavidMLee wrote:I bet Emonda SLR is a fabulous frame.

It is, i have over 11,000 miles on mine and everytime i ride it, it confirms I made a wise purchase.

I'm looking at building one. Anything that really wow'd you about it?

Compliance.

It's hard to explain, the bike transfers power to the to the bottom bracket immediately, yet at very low speed I can bounce up/down and feel the frame flex. This flex gives compliance and I find it soaks up the bumps. But like i said, it's not soft.

My son has a Madone 6.5 and said the SLR is much stiffer when it comes to power transmission.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

lowside67 wrote:I would also be interested to know. I love the weight, love the look, and love the direct mount brakes - but a lot of reviews wow at the weight factor but don't seem to have nearly as much love for the ride quality. I am looking for one to be my one and only bike - and our average rides are 80-100km, so comfort is important, but I love geeking out on bike parts and would like to build the lightest reliable bike I can. I wonder about tire clearance - think there is anyway a 28mm would fit?

Mark

I put 150 miles a week on it and have done many 60+ mile rides. I had a rather extensive fit on my previous bike, Madone 4.6, and the SLR has almost identical geometry. I'm really comfortable on it and like the ride. It handles incredibly well, well better than my ability. When getting out of the saddle, the bike immediately starts moving forward as i'm getting up.

The bike is just really responsive.

garysol1
Shop Owner

by garysol1

rsiv wrote:
oldnslow2 wrote:
DavidMLee wrote:I bet Emonda SLR is a fabulous frame.

It is, i have over 11,000 miles on mine and everytime i ride it, it confirms I made a wise purchase.

I'm looking at building one. Anything that really wow'd you about it?

What "wow'd" me the most was just how comfortable and compliant a front line race frame can be. It is ALMOST as comfortable on chip seal as my Domane is. My next build will most likely be a Emonda SLR disc. A climber and a gravel/endurance bike all wrapped up in one.
Emonda SLR
Kona JTS
Specialized AWOL
Trek Stache 9.7
Specialized Fatboy