Frame hole (gear cables) cover

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itguy

by itguy

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get the covers for the gear cable holes if I use electronic groupset?

The frame doesn't come with the covers, so I am left to look for it myself. Can I DIY the cover?

mattr

by mattr

Bit of black sugru?
Can make a "nice" shape with it. Then you can pick it out when you want without too much difficulty.

Or just ring the manufacturer/importer and see if they offer a kit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itguy

by itguy

mattr wrote:Bit of black sugru?
Can make a "nice" shape with it. Then you can pick it out when you want without too much difficulty.

Or just ring the manufacturer/importer and see if they offer a kit.

I thought Sugru will be permanently stuck on it?

Yeah, tried to ping the manufacturer, hasn't replied yet :noidea:

mattr

by mattr

Nah, Sugru can be picked off without too much difficulty, especially from hard surfaces. I use it to mould "gripper dots" onto the shifter paddles on the MTB, and have experimented with ribs on the brake levers (CX and MTB). They stay on pretty well. But can be picked off and then rubbed clean with a finger if you want, sometimes they just come off an their own if you abuse them!
Also used it to reshape a throttle trigger on an RC car remote, had three or four attempts to get the perfect fit. Old versions just peeled off.

Sometimes have to use a little something to encourage it, bit of spray oil or something seemed to help lift the last of it off.

itguy

by itguy

mattr wrote:Nah, Sugru can be picked off without too much difficulty, especially from hard surfaces. I use it to mould "gripper dots" onto the shifter paddles on the MTB, and have experimented with ribs on the brake levers (CX and MTB). They stay on pretty well. But can be picked off and then rubbed clean with a finger if you want, sometimes they just come off an their own if you abuse them!
Also used it to reshape a throttle trigger on an RC car remote, had three or four attempts to get the perfect fit. Old versions just peeled off.

Sometimes have to use a little something to encourage it, bit of spray oil or something seemed to help lift the last of it off.

Cheers! Gonna try it out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Maybe try a test blob on the bottom bracket or something. Just to make sure!