I tried mounting Challenge Strada 25c (open tubular) tire on Mavic Open Pro ( it is 15c internal ), the front wheel sat okay no problem all throughout, however rear wheel just exploded by sitting in the room at about 100psi, and tire came off and tube has a long tear in it. Tried 2 times and it blew off each time for me, took to a shop, guy mounted and pumped with butyl tube to 100psi and i rode it was fine. Then i wanted to throw a latex in and blew off again during pumping. Concluding that most likely user error left me with some questions and fear to touch any tire with 6-7 bars in it afraid it would explode in my hand.
1. Tire was very easy to mount on Open Pros then i checked Pro 4 and Conti they as well vent on and off very very easy.
2. If it is such a delicate process to mount road open tub and make 100% sure every centimeter of tire bead is correctly engaged with rim while tire is so easy to mount, what prevents it from blowing off the rim during basic riders force or hitting irregularities on the road?
3. Is Challenge Road Open tubs and Open Pros a generally terrible idea?
4. what happens if road tire blows at 100 psi in your hand?
5. 7 - 10 bars on a sidewalls markings, 145 psi max clincher, i thought aluminum and carbon rims start to give at 125 psi, jesus...
Moving on to Bora Ones 35 and Vittoria corsa g+ tubeless 23 will still run with tubes ( supposedly double strength bead of regular open tub) hope this will be so tight it will blow sidewalls of rim first before tire comes off