Colnago C-RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itguy

by itguy

Hey guys, any reviews / info on the new Colnago C-RS bike?

Anyone got details on the frame's weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

It's so new that there probably aren't any good reviews out there. Still, it has the same geometry as the C60. Every review I've read of lower end carbon Colnagos have been glowing.

octave

by octave

sorry to resurrect this thread, but i recently had a chance to snatch up a colnago C-RS (stripped the 105 5800 and replaced with Ultegra r8000) and thought some first impressions might be in order, in case there are others look for a nice "entry-level" bike...

quick details:

-frame weight (with seat collar, shimano pf86 bb installed, rear derailleur hanger) : 1220 grams
-fork weight with expander plug: 440

aesthetic remarks:
-matte black and white with grey accents is very "classic" and understated
-finish quality is impeccable: no sharp edges to paint when transitioning from one color to the next
-silhouette is classic with a few modern touches: integrated seat-wedge for cleaner seat-cluster; tapered headtube for a strong looking front end; slightly dropped seatstays

initial ride impressions (3 recovery rides averaging 20 miles each):

-very fluid and smooth on good tarmac
-rear is more compliant than the front; the front can jar on broken tarmac
-rear seems comfortable enough for long rides
-stiff enough so far, though my rides have been relaxed.

---

one niggle: the frame cable stops for the derailleur cables don't seem deep enough to hold the ferrules as securely as i would want-- the ferrules enter only about 1/3 of their length. also, the rear brake cable stop is similarly shallow: the brake cable housing wiggles too much for my liking in the cable stop.

---

overall, so far so good! it is a smoother ride than my first gen Scott Foil Team Issue (easy to accomplish!) but not as smooth as the current gen SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod (maybe the rear is close, but the front is harsher).

octave

by octave

sorry about the navy bartape-- it was all i had!!

weight without the saddlebag, water bottle, lights: 7.45kg. granted that is with a pair of 1280g zoot alloy wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

Looks great. Have you ridden other Colnagos. I'm wondering how it compares.