Low Volume(?) road shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boots2000

by boots2000

I am not sure that you need low volume shoes, just a shoe that fits better than an R321.
I Found the R321 to be a really sloppy fit- and I have a fairly wide foot, and not really low volume.
The R321 does not fit very well in terms of girth on a normal foot.

steelbikerider

by steelbikerider

My SIDI wire vents are the first shoes I have had in a long time that are snug on top, since Diadora about 15 years ago. Since then I'v had Nike, 2 pair of Specialized that I've been able to fit with Spec insoles. Shimano and Northwave are too wide. You can also experiment with the insoles. The stock Sidi are too thin, Specs are too thick but Superfeet is just right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jemima

by jemima

I think you'd find the S-Works with boa (as mentioned previously) very good.

I'm in the same boat. Currently using Shimano, but only because there's no heel lift and the width at front is quite good. Am now used to the shoe volume/height at front, though I do need to pull the velco straps across quite firm.

Would have purchased the S-Works if the edge of the tongue didn't dig in to my flesh. Also the S-Works had a bit of heel lift ( I have narrow heels).
Curve Grovel ti.

hambini

by hambini

I've got very narrow feet and I had the same problem. I found the bontrager shoes fitted well. The Yellow RXXXL are the one's I use. IMO the velcro suits me better than the boa dials and I think that might be due to my narrow feet.

Hope that helps

Hambini.
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...