Comparing frame geometries\fit tool\service

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micro553

by micro553

cyclenutnz wrote:Probably have the C59... Of course we have the C59 - the database grew from me collecting info about bikes I liked.
List of Colnagos in our system (velogicfit):

A1r
A1r CX
A1r Donna
Ace
AC-R
AC-R Disc
Arte 2.0
C50
C59
C60
C60 Disc
CLD
CLX 2.0
CLX 3.0
CLX 4.0
Concept
C-RS
CX Zero Alu
CX Zero Evo
CX Zero Evo Disc
CX-1
EPS
K-Zero
M10
Master X-Light 06
MC27
Prestige
Prima
Strada SL
V1-r
V1-r Disc

The older ones have calculated Reach and Stack.
Also, the C60 data is a bit messy on the public site right now. Will be sorted in the next hour when a cleaned up database gets pushed live.

I now have made an account and put in both bikes and get this - not sure what Bar X Bar Y means.
Attachments
Diverge vs C60 Disc.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micro553

by micro553

What I would helo with is:

Are the C60 48S the right size - it seems so - but input is nice.

Can I go 120 stem or is 110 stem the right way? As the two bikes have diffrent stem angles it´s hard to understand how this affect the fit of the bikes.

I also plan on going Campagnolo on the C60 and maybe the levers have a shorter reach then my current RS685 ones. The bar is Evne Compact on the Diverge and will be Deda Superleggero RS both in 420 mm.

SO as u understand I´m lost in this area and need some help.

Thanks for input.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Sorry, I'd thought you must have put in the number of spacers instead of the height as not that many know about slamthatstem covers. The website tool goes down to 3mm as that's usually what an STS cover ends up as.
Bar X is the bar reach in your first spreadsheet and bar y is the stack. If you want the full explanation - https://www.velogicfit.com/documentatio ... ordinates/

I don't have a reach comparison between the Hydro levers and Campag (have never sold a disc road bike), current Campag are pretty long so likely not much difference. Maybe someone else can offer measurements?

You're going from a 79mm reach bar to a 75mm, so we need to allow for that in Bar X if possible.
It's hard to find out the stack height of the C60 headset, but I've seen suggestions that the low cover is 5mm. Using a Superleggero stem (-8deg) to match the bars would give a perfect match (with the 4mm added to compensate for reduced bar reach) for your current position:

micro.PNG

The C60 will be a lot snappier handling - much shorter wheelbase, weight higher off the ground (if you've been using road tyres on diverge).

micro553

by micro553

I´m not sure exactly what u mean but I guess that a 48 S is the right fit and that a 110 mm stem -8 degree (Deda) will be almost spot on to my current bike.
I did put 5 mm spacer height on the C60 and 3 mm on the Diverge and as u said the numerbs is

Bar X 483 vs 479 (C60 vs Diverge) so just 4 mm in difference
Bar Y 574 vs 574 - spot on

This is a good thing.

I´m thinking of a 120 mm stem - or will this setup be "to long"

This seems like a great tool to see how everything fits before buying for exemple a expensive stem for a new build.

I´m sure the C60 will feel snappier and more "race" - thats good.

Thanks!

AJS914

by AJS914

How could anyone tell you if a longer stem is too long? Only you could decide that. You have to try it to know.

micro553

by micro553

AJS914 wrote:

How could anyone tell you if a longer stem is too long? Only you could decide that. You have to try it to know.

I see what u mean :)

I mean that my current bike have been tried out at a professional fitter and it feel good - but as u say to fully know I need to try it out, for sure.

AJS914

by AJS914

If it feels good, then, match that fit. Or, if you are looking to experiment try a longer stem. It's easy to switch to a shorter stem later. You can even try that experiment now on your current bike.

Fiery

by Fiery

Campagnolo shifter hoods definitely have a shorter reach than Shimano hydraulics in my experience. It's quite possible you'll really need a 120 mm stem for the Colnago in order to achieve the same position on the hoods. If get both and sell off the one that doesn't fit right.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Hey guys sorry to bring this back - Anyone here willing or able to help me compare two frames over msg if need be? Really struggling with moving to a new brand and being between sizes and how I fit on the bike, my brain is turning to mush after staring at "that" excel sheet we all know and a love ...
Just ride ..

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

I'm happy to help. david at velogicfit dot com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

How have I never stumbled on this.
Using Tapatalk

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Sending you a message Mr.nutz :)
Just ride ..