Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:06 am 

On the Synchro downshift from the large chainring to the small chainring: Is there any way to force the rear derailleur to shift the two (or three) rear cogs faster, or at the same time the front shift is occurring?

Changing the Di2 "multishift" speed doesn't effect the synchro shift.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm 

Tristan wrote:
On the Synchro downshift from the large chainring to the small chainring: Is there any way to force the rear derailleur to shift the two (or three) rear cogs faster, or at the same time the front shift is occurring?

Changing the Di2 "multishift" speed doesn't effect the synchro shift.

Not that I know off! It is slow, I was playing with it today while out riding, and if I do it manually it is faster, so the time spent in much too small a gear is minimized. The up shifts are definitely quicker, they don't trouble me at all.

I guess they try make it as reliable as possible, and reduce the chances of chain drop, but surely the change up to the big ring is the hardest one?

Geoff

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:50 pm 

barn wrote:
I get a banner notification on the 520 when I select Shift Modes with SM-EWW01 D Fly, but no Buzzer/Alert for Front Derailleur movement.

Exactly the same on the Garmin 1000, no beep alert, and tapping the device settings to change the mode just results in an "updating" message and then no change. I guess they will fix it eventually.

I'm not sure which data fields are supposed to flash to warn of a front change on the next rear change, I got the impression it was just the pictoral one, and I only use the numeric gears field, as it is clearer and uses less of the data screen.

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 am 

I have the garmin 1000 and the WU-101 (with FD/RD 9070). I get the warning beep and text notification that my next gear change will be a shift into the big ring. I wonder if it has to do with WU-101 or that garmin hasn't fully worked out the programming with the WU-101 and EWW101.

The flash to warn of front change appears as a top of the screen notification anytime I am in the gear prior to change.

I am annoyed at the fact that synchroshift mode that the downshift from big ring can be programmed only at the 2nd to lowest gear. It's really annoying.

gbrown wrote:
barn wrote:
I get a banner notification on the 520 when I select Shift Modes with SM-EWW01 D Fly, but no Buzzer/Alert for Front Derailleur movement.

Exactly the same on the Garmin 1000, no beep alert, and tapping the device settings to change the mode just results in an "updating" message and then no change. I guess they will fix it eventually.

I'm not sure which data fields are supposed to flash to warn of a front change on the next rear change, I got the impression it was just the pictoral one, and I only use the numeric gears field, as it is clearer and uses less of the data screen.

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:00 pm 

HFGent wrote:
I have the garmin 1000 and the WU-101 (with FD/RD 9070). I get the warning beep and text notification that my next gear change will be a shift into the big ring. I wonder if it has to do with WU-101 or that garmin hasn't fully worked out the programming with the WU-101 and EWW101.

I suspect from our combined experience that SM-EWW01 doesn't support the Front Ring change notification, while EW-WU101 and EW-WU111 does.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 am 

Have made a video attempting to explain how Synchro Shift works, what you need to have it, and some 'in the field' testing to see the pros and cons of the 2 different Modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j37PQ61-R-Y

Cycling related videos and reviews

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:07 pm 

Just ordered a new 2017 Specialized Ruby (ladies version of the Roubaix) Expert Disc UDi2 with my wife, and was wondering what di2 battery it would come with. I got the shop to promise to swap to the new battery if it came with the old one, but they thought the old one would be discontinued now, even though Ultegra di2 hasn't been updated.

Has anyone just got a Roubaix (or Ruby) di2 and can confirm the battery it came with?

Part of the reason for paying extra for the di2 is to use the synchro shift to help her avoid cross chaining (and the auto trim), so I was determined to make sure I didn't have to fork out again for a different battery.

Cheers,

Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm 

gbrown wrote:
Just ordered a new 2017 Specialized Ruby (ladies version of the Roubaix) Expert Disc UDi2 with my wife, and was wondering what di2 battery it would come with. I got the shop to promise to swap to the new battery if it came with the old one, but they thought the old one would be discontinued now, even though Ultegra di2 hasn't been updated.

Has anyone just got a Roubaix (or Ruby) di2 and can confirm the battery it came with?

Part of the reason for paying extra for the di2 is to use the synchro shift to help her avoid cross chaining (and the auto trim), so I was determined to make sure I didn't have to fork out again for a different battery.

Cheers,

Geoff

Hi, I got the 2017 Specialized Roubaix Pro and it comes with the new battery in the seat post, so I would guess the same for the ruby. You can always ask on facebook via PM to specialized. They are quick in their responds!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm 

Macses wrote:
Hi, I got the 2017 Specialized Roubaix Pro and it comes with the new battery in the seat post, so I would guess the same for the ruby. You can always ask on facebook via PM to specialized. They are quick in their responds!!

That's great thanks, now I wish I had negotiated something else! ;-)

What do you think of the Roubaix? I'm thinking of getting one myself, I've got a loan for next weekend to try it out. I'm currently riding a 2014 Trek Domane 6.9 and was wondering whether the Roubaix would be more comfortable at the front end, or whether to try a new 2017 Domane frame, with the ISOflex front end. The cost of these high end bikes has really gone up in the last 3 years!

Obvious question for Weight Weenies, how much does the Pro weigh?

Thanks,

Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:45 pm 

gbrown wrote:
Macses wrote:

What do you think of the Roubaix? I'm thinking of getting one myself, I've got a loan for next weekend to try it out. I'm currently riding a 2014 Trek Domane 6.9 and was wondering whether the Roubaix would be more comfortable at the front end, or whether to try a new 2017 Domane frame, with the ISOflex front end. The cost of these high end bikes has really gone up in the last 3 years!

Thanks,

Geoff

My bike weighs 7,6kg with swat box installed
For the bike: I really like the future shock in the stem when riding on cobblestones (there are a lot here in Belgium). It's also my first bike with di2 so a huge improvement in shifting. Before buying I tested the venge and tarmac but for me they are too stiff. I like the comfort of the roubaix but the 2017 model is less high in front and has more of a racing ergonomy. I really like the bike and it looks very good too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 pm 

gbrown wrote:
Macses wrote:

Thanks,

Geoff

I have a couple of older Roubaix bikes, absolutely love them, even without future shock they are comfortable without being soft. I found the 25cc tyres at the correct pressure for my weight was the key to really comfortable riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm 

Macses wrote:
For the bike: I really like the future shock in the stem when riding on cobblestones (there are a lot here in Belgium). It's also my first bike with di2 so a huge improvement in shifting. Before buying I tested the venge and tarmac but for me they are too stiff. I like the comfort of the roubaix but the 2017 model is less high in front and has more of a racing ergonomy. I really like the bike and it looks very good too

Sounds great. What size frame is your bike?

I'm looking forward to trying the loan bike, though it won't be di2. I hope it is dry at some stage over the weekend!

I've always felt that my Domane is lovely, and quite comfortable at the saddle end, but the front end does very little to filter out vibration, even with carbon bars. Trek obviously agreed, as they addressed this in last years model.

Thanks,

Geoff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:02 pm 

gbrown wrote:
Macses wrote:

Sounds great. What size frame is your bike?

I'm looking forward to trying the loan bike, though it won't be di2. I hope it is dry at some stage over the weekend!

I've always felt that my Domane is lovely, and quite comfortable at the saddle end, but the front end does very little to filter out vibration, even with carbon bars. Trek obviously agreed, as they addressed this in last years model.

Thanks,

Geoff

Sorry to get a bit off topic :)
I have frame size 61 so quite big.
This weekend it's "ronde van vlaanderen". Don't know for sure what Tom boonen will ride? Maybe his specialized roubaix?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:57 pm 

My December Build Roubaix Expert UDi2 came with the required battery and I have a functional Synchro Shift.

gbrown wrote:

Cheers,

Geoff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm 

for some reason after the updates, its decided to semi sync shift, i.e. when front mech moves down, rear moves up 2 and vice versa

can i get rid of this.. in the ETube software i cannot seem to find the disable these types of shifting..

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next