Setting up Di2 Synchro shifting?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

grouk

by grouk

i try today in laptop mode and said de rear derailleur needs new firmware but the firmware is the newest

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

grouk wrote:i try today in laptop mode and said de rear derailleur needs new firmware but the firmware is the newest

Exactly what I've encountered with my front and rear derailleurs.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

mr4fox

by mr4fox

Guess we have to keep waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

How come all the GCN / Bikeradar reviews have Synchro-shift?

My E-tubes app on my Iphone is version 3.1.0, which it says is the latest. Anyone got a more recent version?

Personally, I have no interest or use for Synchro-shift, but it would just be nice if everything in my system was up to date.

Tomorrow I receive a new rear mech 9150 so will be interesting to see how it interacts with the rest of my (9070) system (with new battery and Dfly).

mr4fox

by mr4fox

cyclespeed wrote:How come all the GCN / Bikeradar reviews have Synchro-shift?

My E-tubes app on my Iphone is version 3.1.0, which it says is the latest. Anyone got a more recent version?

Personally, I have no interest or use for Synchro-shift, but it would just be nice if everything in my system was up to date.

Tomorrow I receive a new rear mech 9150 so will be interesting to see how it interacts with the rest of my (9070) system (with new battery and Dfly).

I guess it must just be because they're all using 9150 groupsets, which I believe sychro shifting is available for. Think it's just the rest of us that are still waiting.

I'd like to hear how the rear mech plays with the rest of your group set....thinking about doing the same.

frede

by frede

mr4fox wrote:
frede wrote:
Hi mate, the new wireless unit is just for two way communication and not needed for Synchro shifting. You will still be able to connect via USB to update firmware and configure your set up etc. However if you want the Wireless connection with the Di2, you will need NEW EW-WU111. The D-Fly model you have mentioned above (EW-WU101) is the old/current model which only sends a signal to your Garmin/Magellan etc to view gear information, battery level etc.

From my reading the only thing that you will need to upgrade for Synchro shifting is the primary junction box (as you've got the latest battery), so something like the Shimano EW-RS910. This model will need new cabling to your shifters however if you are just wanting to replace your current external junction box there is mention of a EW-RS911 but haven't seen pictures of that yet to confirm.

I hope this helps, please anyone jump in if this information is incorrect

Just to clarify, the EW-WU101 is one of the new bluetooth enabled transmitters, not the old D-fly (old D-fly is SM-EWW01. i have that one too. its similar shape but slightly larger and no bluetooth). I managed to connect the new one (EW-WU101) to the tube app on my phone via bluetooth a couple days ago, so bluetooth is definitely working.

Spot on, sorry for the confusion in my original post. I've got my original D-Fly fitted inside the toptube so a bit more work to get it out and changed over once the newer models become readily available. Right now it's easy to plug in via USB and manage e-Tube using my Surface Pro so as long as the features are identical between Desktop and Tablet going forward I may not need any reason to upgrade.

Now just waiting on new firmware for Synchro Shift... :)

agravic

by agravic

Last day of Feb. Still no update to 9070/6870 Firmware to enable synchro shift.

Have the requisite BT-DN110 internal battery, EW-WU111 internal d-fly, 9070 FD, 6870 RD.

elogin

by elogin

I have 6870 group set which purchased 2 years ago.
Should I purchase new Battery and Junction to use syncroshift?

PinaF8

by PinaF8

elogin wrote:I have 6870 group set which purchased 2 years ago.
Should I purchase new Battery and Junction to use syncroshift?

Once again the update has not been released for the non 9150 di2.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

TomHelly

by TomHelly

A bunch of updates popped up on 24th Feb concerning synchro shifting. New batteries and wireless units got updates.

Source:
http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/firmware/?lang=en

vmartins

by vmartins

I tried to do the setting for synchro using both PCE1 and BCR2, didn't work...

I tried using my iPhone, the same.

I will try tonight using my iPad, let's what is gonna happen.

I have the external battery with the DN100 and the new wireless with bluetooth. WW90-B and 6870 groupset.

Any tips?

Regards,

Vinicius

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

6870 doesn't have synchro shifting so my tip is go outside and ride your bike.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

mr4fox

by mr4fox

9070 and 6870 are both meant to get the update.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

mr4fox wrote:9070 and 6870 are both meant to get the update.

Only using the new BT-DN110 internal battery NOT the old BTR2 internal one and by no means the old external battery...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I really don't see any interest for me in Synchro Shift, but at least it seems Shimano have added 'buzzer' functionality in the latest firmware update. Presumably to warn you when the front mech is going to shift, but what exactly it is that will buzz, I'm not sure?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com