Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 2
Hi all,

I am 5'11, inner leg around 34. I am thinking about buying a BMC TMR02.
According to BMC website, my height is within the range (175-183cm) that fits 54 frame. (stack 545mm, reach 386mm and effective top tube 542mm)
http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/bikes/bike-detail/url_variation/589/
However, for other bike brand, those geometry parameter number seems too small to me. For example, the Giant TCR ML fits me well, but the stack, reach number are size 56 for TMR. Same situation as Scott Addict, in which the 56 frame is suitable for my height.

Is it true that the BMC TMR frame actually feels "larger" than the numbers presented in the geometry parameters?


Top
   
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:29 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2922
Location: eh?
I noticed this also when I looked at BMC. I am 183 cm so just slightly taller than you, and a 54 is a bit too short and too low in the front for me. If you like a really aggressive fit it would work with a long stem. For most people our height, a 56 seems better. I rode a Giant TCR Advanced SL for years - ML was my size and if fit well. FYI my body proportions are pretty average, maybe a touch long in the torso and arms.

_________________
wheelsONfire wrote:
When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 245
I'm 183 too and have a 56. Good fit for me. I need 20-25mm of spacers under a 110mm stem so going down to the 54 would just mean more spacers which is silly. I sometimes wonder if I'd be better off with the 58cm with a slammed stem and a 90-100mm stem(?).

I think your best bet is to compare Stack and reach of the TMR to the bikes you know fit you(include any spacers and stem length of this bikes) then get the frame that will allow you to run not too many spacer(or slammed!) with a descent length stem.

Absolutely love the bike btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Posts: 581
Location: San Diego Ca USA
I am 6’ tall and my inner leg length with no shoes is 33.5 inches.

I have a TMR01 in 56, I think a 54 would have worked for me also, but I could not pass up the deal I got on the 56.

These are great bike, most guys love them except for 2 things ....

- Brakes - Make sure they are built and set up right, then you will be very happy.
- Ride comfort - I am now on Zipp 404 wheels with Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires and love the ride.

_________________
BMC TMR01 --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131523&hilit=tmr01

Colnago Master X Light --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=140479


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 2
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I just measured my height again, and I am about 181cm. I think I will go for 56 frame size.

And I just found there is a summary of official suggested frame size vs rider height:

http://cdn.accumulatecloud.com.au/a1/Objects/PDF/Rewards/BMC_SIZING_q.pdf

You can see, for example, both Teammachine 01 and 02/03 suggests 56 even 57 frame size for 175-183cm, while for TMR02, size 54 is preferred.

It is still weird to me.

Is there anything to do with its TT style geometry? Or because its steep (74 degrees) which is constant among different frame size?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 am
Posts: 100
Location: Yorkshire, UK / Bangkok, Thailand
Looks weird for me too. I am 173 cm and according to that chart I should ride a 54 SLR01. My current bike is a 51 and still find it a tad big.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 am
Posts: 131
KarlC wrote:
I am 6’ tall and my inner leg length with no shoes is 33.5 inches.

I have a TMR01 in 56, I think a 54 would have worked for me also, but I could not pass up the deal I got on the 56.

These are great bike, most guys love them except for 2 things ....

- Brakes - Make sure they are built and set up right, then you will be very happy.
- Ride comfort - I am now on Zipp 404 wheels with Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires and love the ride.


you can get 28 c tyres in? I'm guessing they are low pressure as I get rub on some 25s!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Posts: 581
Location: San Diego Ca USA
Philbar72 wrote:
KarlC wrote:
I am 6’ tall and my inner leg length with no shoes is 33.5 inches.

I have a TMR01 in 56, I think a 54 would have worked for me also, but I could not pass up the deal I got on the 56.

These are great bike, most guys love them except for 2 things ....

- Brakes - Make sure they are built and set up right, then you will be very happy.
- Ride comfort - I am now on Zipp 404 wheels with Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires and love the ride.


you can get 28 c tyres in? I'm guessing they are low pressure as I get rub on some 25s!


I've had anywhere from 80 - 120 psi in my Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires with no rubbing.

Normaly I ride at 80-90 psi with no issues at all

_________________
BMC TMR01 --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131523&hilit=tmr01

Colnago Master X Light --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=140479


Top
   
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 am
Posts: 131
KarlC wrote:
Philbar72 wrote:
KarlC wrote:
I am 6’ tall and my inner leg length with no shoes is 33.5 inches.

I have a TMR01 in 56, I think a 54 would have worked for me also, but I could not pass up the deal I got on the 56.

These are great bike, most guys love them except for 2 things ....

- Brakes - Make sure they are built and set up right, then you will be very happy.
- Ride comfort - I am now on Zipp 404 wheels with Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires and love the ride.


you can get 28 c tyres in? I'm guessing they are low pressure as I get rub on some 25s!


I've had anywhere from 80 - 120 psi in my Zipp tangente sl speed tubular 28 tires with no rubbing.

Normaly I ride at 80-90 psi with no issues at all


fair play, that's good. the issue I have is with brake rub, and not frame rub luckily. i'll reset my bike and sort out the issues...


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized S-Works 6 road shoes size/width question and advice

in Road

novemberhotel

5

1728

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 pm

AZR3 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago Master frame size question

in Road

stam1668

3

845

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:29 pm

kgt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bike size help 5'10'' height 33.5''inseam

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

antonio07

24

1332

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:15 pm

wheelsONfire View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. MTB crank on a road bike - 46/30t 46/28t anyone?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

alcatraz

16

1283

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:28 am

Schadenfreuder View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Hanging a Road Bike

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

ohyeah22

23

2116

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Zakalwe View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: boots2000, Google [Bot], sib, speedyvelo1 and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited