Pioneer Vs Stages PM - advice needed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PinaF8

by PinaF8

I'm on pioneer dual sensor and I must say that I had a lot of dropouts when I paired it with a garmin 520 or 1000. Switched to pioneer head unit and now dropout free. Imho this is the best power meter for its price along with plenty of data to evaluate post race or training.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Ginsterdrz

by Ginsterdrz

I have 4iiii Ver1 and Ver2. Was an early adopter and all I can say is they got it right from the start.

No drop outs, no variance, ridden through winters and rain. Never missed a beat.

Did my research on Stages and immediately discounted them. Would consider Pioneer (Shimano???) if I was in the market again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

Ginsterdrz wrote:I have 4iiii Ver1 and Ver2. Was an early adopter and all I can say is they got it right from the start.

No drop outs, no variance, ridden through winters and rain. Never missed a beat.

Did my research on Stages and immediately discounted them. Would consider Pioneer (Shimano???) if I was in the market again.

very happy with my 4iiii v2.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

sugarkane wrote:Friends don't let friends ride stages

This.

The data is crap in my personal experience. I'm back to powertap. You can buy the GS still for stupid cheap ($300) and it's probably the best thing next to SRM.
https://www.powertap.com/product/powertap-gs-hub

Philbar72

by Philbar72

Pioneer requires the magnet to get 100% accurate cadence readings, that’s its only downfall. I get the occasional cadence double up but that doesn’t affect the torque/ wattage numbers.

Solid outside of that.

Darceking

by Darceking

Stay tuned for my recent experience with Stages. Giving them 1 more week and then I am telling my story

moonoi

by moonoi

I recently acquired a Stages as well and have had no issues with it, for those saying it isn't accurate, how so? It tracks really well with my Rotor Inpower and Quarq DZero, so I'm not seeing any accuracy issues. I'm also not seeing dropouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

Darceking wrote:Stay tuned for my recent experience with Stages. Giving them 1 more week and then I am telling my story

Haha, well that doesn't sound good!

evan326

by evan326

Great review, thanks for sharing.