Guys I recently recieved my new warrantied 2017 795 pro team. Just by looking over the frame, I can see that they have layered more carbon in some areas. I decided to build mine with a 130mm stem with zipp sl-70 aero bars. zed3 53/39, speedplay pedals, selle italia carbonio saddle, ursus 38/58 wheelset, and a full campagnolo chorus 11. My 2016 795 rear brake bridge cracked. This is my 3rd warrantied frameset. I started out with a 695, 2016 795 then this. My main goal for this new one was to be able to ride it a lot and not so much worry about the weight. My 2016 had a full Dura Ace 9000.
Things I have noticed....
1. more layer of carbon around the the seatmast where the top tube and rear chainstays meet.
2. I am testing out a prototype epost2. It is not as soft as the productioned epost2 but this one got ride of the fore aft play which we all seemed to have.
3. It feels a lot sturdier and not as fragile as the 2016. I feel like I can ride it as much as I'd like now and not worry about breaking something. (I am a 170lbs btw.)
4. Tire clearance for 25c is still a no. I will have to stick witha 23c or 24c. I can use a 25c but it will rub off the paint a bit. Pretty sure thats okay but I care too much. (I actually installed clear protective films in areas I thought would get hit by road debris)
5. I can still rock the bars if I try to rock it. (using my same setup from my 2016., didnt expect any changes there)
6. The new lockring bolt/ screw for the zed3 crankset doesnt rub the frame anymore when you tighten it. Before the allen key would hit the shell of the BB scratching some of the clear off. I used painters tape on my 2016 to prevent that. This one clears the allen key.
Last but not least, I havent tried using regular chainrings other than my zed3 setup so I dont know if you still need to run an extra washer in the back to use non look chainrings. I had to use an extra washer when I tried to use praxis chainrings before.
well thats all I have for now. Hope you guys find this useful. oh and BTW, Travis the new LOOK associate is great to work with compared to the old associate.