Has anyone tried to run EE brakes with CLX 64 wheels?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'm pondering different wheel options and I'm liking a lot about the CLX 64. I've been going rounds with brakes though and finally have a new EE on the way for the front of my AR. While I'm waiting, I'm curious if anyone has tried this combo (or any brake track over 28mm). I tried an older gen EE front with the Knight 65 (27.2mm at the brake track) and that was too close. I measured a CLX today at the shop and it is every bit of 29mm at the brakes!

Any firsthand experience - including a measurement of an open new gen EE - is welcome! Thanks!

Bullet

by Bullet

I've got a Roval CLX64 wheelset and would also like to know if anyone has had luck with eebrakes clearing the 29.9mm wide wheels? I'm currently running them with sram red brakes and would like more power and modulation, would also like to hear from anyone using this wheelset with THM Fibula brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

my rims are 20mm, with the new ee brake i use all of the spacers, c. 4mm each side, so they certainly will be ok with 28mm (which is ee's stated maximum)

wide open with new pads i had plenty of clearance, so you could certainly get wider in there, but perhaps it would be necessary to shave new pads to get adequate clearance

nickf

by nickf

Using ee brakes with Bontrager tubulars that are 27mm at the brake track. Plenty of adjustment.