Just got my new Micro SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

atwong1

by atwong1

Just received my new Ciamillo Micro SL in the mail. Check this out!!! I am going to have it installed shortly. More photos to come after I install them.

BTW, strongly recommend ordering it from Irish Cycles, not Ciamillo's web site. I ordered from Irish this time, and it took only one day to get here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I will never support a manufacturer of such disrepute:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140659

by 9734344

What do they weigh?
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Literally lol'd

F45

by F45

Good looking brakes.

Durisic

by Durisic

What do they weigh?(2)
It looks like ZeroGravity brakes

ms6073

by ms6073

atwong1 wrote:BTW, strongly recommend ordering it from Irish Cycles, not Ciamillo's web site.

At this point that should go without saying! Wonder how that shop manages to get Ted to play ball? Of course unlike individual e-commerce sales, shops usually don't pay until the order is received, so that would provide a significantly higher motivation for Ted to deliver on the orders to Irish.

Durisic wrote:It looks like ZeroGravity brakes

Zero Gravity is Ciamillo.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

lewolive

by lewolive

ms6073 wrote:
atwong1 wrote:BTW, strongly recommend ordering it from Irish Cycles, not Ciamillo's web site.

At this point that should go without saying! Wonder how that shop manages to get Ted to play ball? Of course unlike individual e-commerce sales, shops usually don't pay until the order is received, so that would provide a significantly higher motivation for Ted to deliver on the orders to Irish.

Durisic wrote:It looks like ZeroGravity brakes

Zero Gravity is Ciamillo.

That's exactly like we are doing, placing distributor orders with minimum quantities, allowing a production plan for Ted. Then he's paid at delivery and everybody is satisfied.
So, distributors have a stock and buyers can pick on that real stock the product that they need, and hope a delivery in 1 or just a few days. This is just the standard of 2016 ecommerce.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

The weight is about 77g per caliper.
Attachments
l.jpg

dj97223

by dj97223

How is that guy still in business. :roll:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

dj97223

by dj97223

I am a Campagnolo fan and never liked the shape of the various robot-looking alternatives like these, EE, etc., though I appreciate the weight savings. However, there must be alternatives that are made by people with a much less sordid history than Ted. I find it hard to understand how people would reward his behavior by buying his products.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

wingguy

by wingguy

Juanmoretime wrote:While the business practices of Ciamillo have caused a lot of people issues.

Business practices?

From what I've seen a better description would be 'criminality'.

ms6073

by ms6073

dj97223 wrote:I find it hard to understand how people would reward his behavior by buying his products.

Because individual consumers are reluctant to pursue further actions against the man. Unlike Ted's e-commerce/direct sales model where consumers tender payment at the time the order is placed, 'distributors' like Irish Cycles, place orders for which Ted does not get paid anything until 100% of the product ordered has been delivered!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I'd like to think I understand the impact of money and 'nice things' on people. I'd like to think I understand that people, once in a while, will do bad things due to their circumstances. And perhaps that can be forgiven, or not.

But I've read so many negative things about Ciamillo, that I will not deal with him in any way. Nor will I deal with those associated with him, including any distributor. Such as Irish Cycles.

KC

by KC

One set of the GSL's and two sets of Micros currently. They are great brakes and I like the way they work and look. Had some of the original ZG's back in the day and the GSL's are when the brakes became great. Ted did take care of me once and went over the top to get me fixed up. Guess I'm glad I missed his dark days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com