Specialized Phenom Saddle for road bike duties

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ainsy

by Ainsy

Hi,

Have been running Fizik Arione's (r3 carbon braided) for many years but of late have been having "pressure issues" downstairs and have been looking for a saddle with a cut out to possibly alleviate some of this pressure.

Have settled on trying the phenom pro on my roadie as looked like a good start with a (mostly) flat front part of the saddle similar to my r3. I decided against the s works version as thought it might be a little too stiff (like the arione 00 which was a dismal failure for me). I have put about 5 hours on it and although initial indications are positive I think it may be starting to develop a curve in the middle of the saddle as part of the break in process.

On of the reasons I love the arione is the mostly flat surface that allows you to move around on it and fear that continued break in process of the phenom may increase the sag in the saddle which is exactly what i do not want.

Looking for any feed back from users of either the phenom pro and/or the s works and whether this is a known issue on the pro vs the s works. Anyone have both and can comment on any differences between the 2 as they "break in"?

I have the 30 days to decide whether the current saddle is going to do the job but my instincts are that I may need to trade up to the s works if i want the saddle to keep the flatter shape of the existing r3 arione I have.

Appreciate any input from people with experience with these 2 saddles.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com