Fuji SL 1.1 Disc or Cannondale Synapse Hi Mod Disc or any other Disc Frame under 2000 dollars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Trying to build a light weight disc bike. I can't find any weights for the Synapse Hi Mod but it seems like a full built comes out to about 7kg with SRAM Red.

Fuji SL 1.1 Disc is 1270 grams with fork and headset.

Any thoughts on either bikes? Any other frames I should look at?

I'm leaning towards the Synapse mainly because of the look. I like the black and white.

Looks like the DOMANE SL DISC FRAMESET is at 1970 grams (on their website)

S-Works is at $3500

Focus Izalco Max Disc - is $3250

BMC Roadmachine RM01 is too expensive as well.

Thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Allen254

by Allen254

i just got my Fuji SL and have been riding it for the last month and its an awesome bike very stiff, light, pedaling response is amazing thanks to those oversized asymmetric chainstays . the fuji SL is up there with any other top tier bike especially now that fuji has stepped up their game with high compaction molding on their frames ( if you go with the top tier frame the SL 1.1 only the SL 1.1 uses high compaction be aware of that) i would just save the money and get the fuji. the other bikes are nice too if i had to choose another one maybe the S works.

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Thanks for the information. I'm leaning towards the Fuji too. My last couple of bikes have been in the endurance geometry, wondering how I can test ride this bike before buying.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Make sure the frame you choose has flat mount support for your discs and thru-axles. (front and rear). If not, you'd be investing into discontinued 5 year old technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder