New Extralite carbon frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

i've never had any issues with Extralite....so i would be willing to try one of these frames out. time to move on from the AX Lightness Vial Evo?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

jkzy

by jkzy

Amazing frame weight, the photo posted by mythical looks like a non-isp version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Doesn't appear to be on Extralite website or Extralite Facebook page yet. Are we sure this will be a product for sale, or perhaps it's just a prototype which might never go into production?

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

jkzy wrote:Amazing frame weight, the photo posted by mythical looks like a non-isp version.

It looks likes it's an extended seat tube and not an ISP. You can see the cut-out on the back for the clamp in the original pic.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

kgt wrote:
goodboyr wrote:So....no ride reports, no long term reviews, no info whatsoever, but it's "well designed and reliable".......really?

You have never used anything from Extralite, right?

Given that we are not really sure whether this is even a production frame, whether there are weight limits, whether it's isp or not, etc.....my point is made I think........

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

RussellS wrote:External cable routing? Looks like they did not put any finish at all on it for these pictures. Wonder if it will be sold with no finish?

The frame has a very thin layer of transparent matt paint. It's very light but it's necessary to protect the frame from UV rays.

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

donald wrote:the weight is probably without front and rear derailleur hangers.

The weight includes rear derailleur hanger. The front derailleur is not brazed-on but with clamp
Look at these pictures, one is on the scale:
https://www.facebook.com/bikeonline.it/ ... 5934801312

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

Stolichnaya wrote:No, please keep the external cable routing. Internal is a useless PITA.
Threaded BB option would be heaven.

Cable routing will rest external, that's the lightest, reliable way to have the best shifting performance with mechanical groupsets
As for the threaded BB option in the very beginning of production I think it could be ask

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

BikeonlineIT, can you address my question, as to whether this frame is planned for production, or is it a prototype frame? Any other information you have along these lines? Will it be stock geometry only, or also custom? Any information on geometry? What size is that frame which weighs 598g? Will a final production version be "beefed up" somewhat and weigh more?

BikeonlineIT wrote:As for the threaded BB option in the very beginning of production I think it could be ask
I guess English is not your native language. Could you please try to write that more clearly? What do you man by "could be ask"?

And I guess since we don't even know yet, maybe other than BikeonlineIT , whether this will be a production model for sale, we might as well ask anyway- any idea how much it cost, when it will be available? Will it be available through fairwheelbikes.com in the U.S.?

BikeonlineIT

by BikeonlineIT

HammerTime2 wrote:BikeonlineIT, can you address my question, as to whether this frame is planned for production, or is it a prototype frame? Any other information you have along these lines? Will it be stock geometry only, or also custom? Any information on geometry? What size is that frame which weighs 598g? Will a final production version be "beefed up" somewhat and weigh more?

BikeonlineIT wrote:As for the threaded BB option in the very beginning of production I think it could be ask
I guess English is not your native language. Could you please try to write that more clearly? What do you man by "could be ask"?

And I guess since we don't even know yet, maybe other than BikeonlineIT , whether this will be a production model for sale, we might as well ask anyway- any idea how much it cost, when it will be available? Will it be available through fairwheelbikes.com in the U.S.?

Yes, I can address your question. This frame is one of the last prototypes, the production version is planned for spring/summer 2017.
It will be available both in standard and custom geometry. Standard geometry will be probably very close to Giant geometry because Extralite likes them...
This frame is an M size, around 54cm. The final production version will not be "beefed up", it will be slightly different for some tube shape and target weight will be 580g for an S size.

English is not my native language, I'm from Italy my name is Davide owner of bikeonline.it. I'm a friend of the Extralite's owner and I'm often at is office and I cooperate with him at this project.
Every frame will be produced by hand and since the final production frame will be on the market I have the "power" to ask what I need: threaded BB, 1-1/8" headtube, etc...

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I'd like to ask for direct mount brakes :)

does it have holes so I can go Di2 internal ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

RWeb

by RWeb

Post deleted. Poster please contact me (Powerful Pete) for clarifications if necessary. Thanks.

corky

by corky

fancyrider wrote:Wow that is a shocking weight! I would try that out of curiosity. However, I was never a fan of light weight bikes. Some people say that aluminum bikes are stiffer and slightly less comfortable than carbon ones. That’s because aluminum transfers such things as vibration directly to the rider and carbon dampen any vibrations, making them slightly more comfortable to ride. As for me, I still prefer aluminum as it gives the feeling of firmness, stability and control. I ride Mongoose Womens Maxim Full Suspension Bicycle http://bestadviser.net/mountain-bikes/h ... e-reviews/ It has quite a stable base, solid suspension frame and forks. As for this extralite frame I think the price for the bike with such a light frame would be extra high.

Why write that in a thread about an Extralite frame? You're not a fan of light weight bikes?......why are you even here?

Why not think about what you're trying to say and is it relevant before posting?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

cadence90

by cadence90

BikeonlineIT wrote:English is not my native language, I'm from Italy my name is Davide owner of bikeonline.it. I'm a friend of the Extralite's owner and I'm often at is office and I cooperate with him at this project.
Every frame will be produced by hand and since the final production frame will be on the market I have the "power" to ask what I need: threaded BB, 1-1/8" headtube, etc...

Davide, your English is quite good. However, if you ever do need help in translating anything from Italian to English, I can help. I am from Venezia, but have lived in Los Angeles for many years. So, do not hesitate...assolutamente non esitare...just send a PM or email and I will be more than happy to help.
:beerchug:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com