New Extralite carbon frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

No, please keep the external cable routing. Internal is a useless PITA.
Threaded BB option would be heaven.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gehenna

by Gehenna

RussellS wrote:
Gehenna wrote:
RussellS wrote:
Gehenna wrote:No point in enjoying the climb if i'm gonna fear for my life on the other side of the mountain.

Where in my post did i say people were dying? I said it would be disconcerting, not dangerous.

Your original quote was "fear for my life". An English speaker would consider that "dying".

At dictionary.com the definition of disconcerting is: disturbing to one's composure or self-possession; upsetting, discomfiting.
At dictionary.com the definition of dangerous is: full of danger or risk; causing danger; perilous; risky; hazardous; unsafe, able or likely to cause physical injury.

I'd say dying and fear for life fits the definition of dangerous better than disconcerting.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That is an amazing weight, even if it is for their smallest size! And I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost as much as an RCA...

micky

by micky

An italian shop working closely with Extralite has built up one with a Sram Red at 3.77kg.

kgt

by kgt

Extralite is the simple proof of the fact that even a small company can make a very well designed, reliable and superlight bike component. I would get it over anything from Cervelo or Cannondale. I even like the integrated seatmast.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

So....no ride reports, no long term reviews, no info whatsoever, but it's "well designed and reliable".......really?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

goodboyr wrote:So....no ride reports, no long term reviews, no info whatsoever, but it's "well designed and reliable".......really?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

in fairness he did say bicycle components ... everything I've used from Extralite has been solid. They are my go to hubs. I have heard of faceplate issues on the stems, but has not happened to me personally.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

sunki

by sunki

Very light. Rigidity?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Their issue with the Hyperstem is well documented. Also I recently took off my Aliens 4 QRs as they don't have enough clamping force for my 62kg body and 210w FTP.

Does anyone know of a weight limit for this frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I have the Aliens 4 and they work perfectly. You must be doing something wrong.
This frame looks awesome, really looking forward to seeing more photos.

RussellS

by RussellS

kgt wrote:I even like the integrated seatmast.

I failed to notice the integrated seatpost when I first saw the picture. Big, big negative. It is surprising they were able to get the weight down to 596 grams WITH the integrated seatpost. I would think an ISP would increase the frame weight. Might be lighter overall by replacing the seatpost.

KWalker

by KWalker

Internal cable routing is not a PITA really with the various cable routing kits out. When I had cables I liked it. If you run a sealed housing system especially you end up with a cable system that takes a lot longer to gunk up and shift slowly, it looks cleaner, and with wired systems it's a no-brainer.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

thprice

by thprice

micky wrote:An italian shop working closely with Extralite has built up one with a Sram Red at 3.77kg.
Are there any links to it?

kgt

by kgt

goodboyr wrote:So....no ride reports, no long term reviews, no info whatsoever, but it's "well designed and reliable".......really?

You have never used anything from Extralite, right?

mythical

by mythical

thprice wrote:
micky wrote:An italian shop working closely with Extralite has built up one with a Sram Red at 3.77kg.
Are there any links to it?
My buddy from Bikeonline.it built this particular bike for a customer. With the chosen parts, it costs about €13000. Check out the gallery over here: https://www.facebook.com/bikeonline.it/posts/1286365061435066

ImageImage
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com