Which Di2 plugs for Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

allenpg

by allenpg

I just got a smoking deal on a new 2016 Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod frame. Built it up last night and came in at about 14.5 lbs with my Enve PowerTap tubulars and Ultegra Di2 (I know, not the lightest, but cost effective).

My question is what type of plugs to use for:

--The hole for the Di2 front derailleur wire (by the chainstays)
--The holes from the mechanical cable guide I could obviously leave the cable guides in place, but that looks heinous.

I've tried looking around for photos and it's hard to find anything. Thanks for the help!

-Pete

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

I bought both version of the shimano grommets (http://www.starbike.com/en/shimano-di2- ... g-sm-gm01/) for my CAAD 10 Black Inc. They were 2.99 a pack in the US (Jensonusa) and comes with 4 plugs. Just buy both sizes.

Model numbers are SM-GM01 and SM-GM02

allenpg

by allenpg

Thanks! I have both sizes actually. I think I should be able to squeeze the smaller one into the FD hole based on some photos I found. For the other holes, I'm looking for solid plugs. Might look around on eBay, etc. for something that will work.

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

oh ok. From what I've read a bunch of people use sugru. It's this material that turns solid after exposure to air. I bought it but I haven't used it to plug any frame holes yet. Just hold random things in place. Works well for that.

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

I'm using the round di2 grommet for the front derailleur wire hole and nothing for the cable guide hole. There are two drain holes in the bottom bracket so I don't see the need to seal up the downtube when it's all open inside anyways