Converting a 10 sd RZR to 11 spd options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

i have a 10 speed RZR i want to convert to 11 speed. i found that an Edco cassette will fit with the ten+eleven lock ring.

while servicing the hub, it looks to be a Tune hub. I asked Jason at FWB and he says that i can't use any of the replacement hubs that they sell.
My hub is silver.

are there alternative ways to convert besides the Edco cassette option? Wheels Manufacturing has a Campy cassette with Shimano splines that may work and not cost as much as the Edco.
the Edco combo is difficult to find in the US as well.

i cleaned the hub and repacked the grease. tons of shims on both sides of the end caps as well...so i should be able to move the shims to accommodate the extra width if i used an Edco or WM cassette, yes?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

kode54 wrote:i cleaned the hub and repacked the grease. tons of shims on both sides of the end caps as well...so i should be able to move the shims to accommodate the extra width if i used an Edco or WM cassette, yes?

The Edco cassette fits naturally on the 10sp free hub so there is no extra width to accommodate - that's the point. They gain the space by overhanging the big cog inboard of the free hub.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

wingguy wrote:
kode54 wrote:i cleaned the hub and repacked the grease. tons of shims on both sides of the end caps as well...so i should be able to move the shims to accommodate the extra width if i used an Edco or WM cassette, yes?

The Edco cassette fits naturally on the 10sp free hub so there is no extra width to accommodate - that's the point. They gain the space by overhanging the big cog inboard of the free hub.

Plus it's pretty light, which is the reason you got the RZRs in the first place. Almost the same weight as the sram red.

kode54

by kode54

good to know. thx for the answers. now...i have to see if i can get one in the US. will probably have to buy overseas since Reynolds doesn't seem like they stock them anymore.

real reason is to try my hand with tubulars...which these are.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I got mine from total cycling. With the exchange rate now you would save $40 over what I paid.

http://www.totalcycling.com/Mobile/Mobi ... elID=22156

kode54

by kode54

great tip! thx for the link. going to order that.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rcb78

by rcb78

We're talking a Reynolds RZR right? Have you called Reynolds and asked if they have a replacement 11sp FH? Other models of wheels from them were capable of swapping 10 for 11, worth the phone call in my opinion.