How to wire up new Bar-End Junction A for Di2 (EW-RS910)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I have some endoscope footage of the Aeronova, but unfortunately the file corrupted my 'How to Install an RS910' vid, so I couldn't upload it.

Not that much use though as the camera can't make it all the way around the bend.

From what I can see though, the inside is quite smooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Well I dropped my bike off today to get the Bar-End junction fitted. Looking forward to neat/ hidden cables. Hopefully not to much added weight.:)

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

KCookie wrote:Well I dropped my bike off today to get the Bar-End junction fitted. Looking forward to neat/ hidden cables. Hopefully not to much added weight.:)

I'm curious, how much do they charge for that? Are they running all cables internally in handlebar?

It took me bloody ages!

KCookie

by KCookie

Yes they are going to run the cables internally, will have to drill holes in my bars though. At least they will be lighter. :). Don't know about price, just told them to do it. Will let you know next week when it's ready.

dak

by dak

9150 shifters and bar end junction installed today with 3T Ergonova Team Stealth. RIP Easton EC70 Aero. Shaved about 150g off the bike today [emoji1303]

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

melchionda

by melchionda

@dak ^Thats a nice tidy set up. Nice work! Do you know which size / version of the EW-JC130 wire was used on your bike?

I'm about to pick up a Shimano EW‑JC130 "Y" wire also. Has anyone figured out which size is recommended? I'm running a Specialized 44cm wide Aerofly with the EW-RS910 Barend junction box.

Sean

dak

by dak

melchionda wrote:@dak ^Thats a nice tidy set up. Nice work! Do you know which size / version of the EW-JC130 wire was used on your bike?

I'm about to pick up a Shimano EW‑JC130 "Y" wire also. Has anyone figured out which size is recommended? I'm running a Specialized 44cm wide Aerofly with the EW-RS910 Barend junction box.

Sean

Thanks Sean! I'm really loving how clean and simple it looks. Did not use the EW-JC130. Ran a 1400mm from the BB and jumped from one shifter to the other to the junction using the extra ports on the shifters. No plans to run climbing shifters.

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

dak what heat shrunk are you using? I use a thing 8mm ribbon shrink with a 4:1 shrink rate. Also i find if you start on the out side of Te curve and pull as much of the slack out before you get to the inside you can avoid wrinkling the heat shrink. A hot blow gun is better than open flame too as it's easier to control and not damage any thing

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Dak, bike looks good, but the bar tape seems kinda lumpy in places. Do your wires run internally in the handlebar?

dak

by dak

sugarkane wrote:dak what heat shrunk are you using? I use a thing 8mm ribbon shrink with a 4:1 shrink rate. Also i find if you start on the out side of Te curve and pull as much of the slack out before you get to the inside you can avoid wrinkling the heat shrink. A hot blow gun is better than open flame too as it's easier to control and not damage any thing

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

KCookie

by KCookie

Coming on nicely. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Last edited by KCookie on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KCookie

by KCookie

KCookie wrote:Coming on nicely.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

LOL, I mounted my RS910 the other way up - not sure which is the 'right' way?! Does it matter?!

KCookie

by KCookie

That's a good point, you know what i hadn't even noticed, to busy last night to take a proper look. Pics of them installed on the web is about 50/50. My OCD tells me the charging point needs to be at the bottom, I'll keep looking then decide if I want it turned. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i have to find another way to mount a RS-910 since i ride with Enve bars. they all have a finished bar ends.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc