How to lighten up my 2015 Supersix Evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

evan326

by evan326

Svetty wrote:Spidering for chainrings?

Other than price the only thing I would consider are future power meter options. The spidering would take most of the crank based options out.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

evan326 wrote:
Svetty wrote:Spidering for chainrings?

Other than price the only thing I would consider are future power meter options. The spidering would take most of the crank based options out.

I am considering getting a Quarq, so I think I'm going to the get the Stronglight chainrings, if people think they shift well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

FYI, some ee brakes on the for sale subforum at a reasonable price
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

PrimO

by PrimO

nvroadie wrote:
PrimO wrote:I have Deda Zero100 bars in 44cm and they weigh 252g.

38cm bars (although you need to get 40cm in if you want 38cm centre to centre) will be 15-20g less saving you almost 100g immediately.

What do you think of the stiffness of the Deda bars? Like the weight, but am worried about them being noodley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find them absolutely fine but I'm not classed as a strong rider (6ft and 74kg) so I wouldn't be putting huge forces through the bars. Saying that I too was a little concerned from reviews that the bars would be flexy and light so after I fitted them I stood at the front of the bike facing bars with wheel between my legs and put my full weight on the bars (holding the bars and the hoods) and bounced gently a few times and there was zero flex or movement so I figured they should be well capable of taking my weight and any force put on them while climbing (as I never have any reason to sprint)