SpeedX Leopard Pro gets 1 star from BikeRadar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FreaK

by FreaK

What gets me though (I didn't expect any better as for geometry and ride) is this apparent demand for a "connected bike".
Am I too old to get it? Too BMX?
I'm not surprised the idea didn't start in Montreal since people don't expect their commuter bike to last more than two years before getting stolen.
What am I missing?
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

racingcondor

by racingcondor

Personally I'm shocked that 2 guys in a garden shed can't do electronics as good as Garmin paired to frames as good as Canyon at prices as good as Planet X. /s

Love to know is it genuine stiffness at the bottom bracket or just a bike that beats you to death because of the deep alu rims?

I only hope for the buyers sake that some planet X carbon wheels will knock enough weight off that it's enjoyable on smooth roads and that the electronics don't fail in the wet...

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

Shrike wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:08 pm
Would be naive to not understand the relationship between established brands and reviewers. There's no such thing as impartiality here. Very little room for it, no matter how hard they'll try and sell their independence to you.
Yes, I agree.
SergeduTemps wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:38 am
Valbrona wrote:They need not change the bike to getter a better review. Just place some advertising with BikeRadar.
Or contact GCN, to do a 'review'.
+1 :lol:

The only other one-star review I've seen them give is this one earlier this year. :shock:
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes ... ic-review/
(in that case, clearly they don't care if they never get another free one) :mrgreen: