Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:57 pm
Posts: 38
http://www.falcobike.com/index.php/falc ... ?key=saker

Worth a check, i think. Especially if you want to make your own build not weighed down by generic stock bits.


Top
   
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm
Posts: 803
wingguy wrote:
Multebear wrote:
sefton wrote:

Anything better than the caad for an alloy frame? Cinelli?



No, not really. Only different.

The Caad 10 is exactly as good as the carbon version Supersix Evo, it's just not as compliant. And a bit heavier.

So, um, not quite as good then? :P


Performance wise, I'd say they are the same. Stiffness is great, handling is excellent, and the fit is very good and aggressive with a short headtube. The Caad 10 is perfect as training- or winterbike.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 989
Location: Denmark
Gehenna wrote:
http://www.falcobike.com/index.php/falcobike/view_product?key=saker

Worth a check, i think. Especially if you want to make your own build not weighed down by generic stock bits.

They look nice! :D

_________________
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 am
Posts: 355
Location: Slovakia
Another to consider is Bowman Palace:
http://road.cc/content/review/138478-bo ... e-and-fork


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:21 am
Posts: 213
Location: Canberra, Australia
What about the Condor Italia RC

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 327
martinko wrote:
Another to consider is Bowman Palace:
http://road.cc/content/review/138478-bo ... e-and-fork


Especially with the new one coming out (treaded BB!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayXCUUZz8J4

Add in the low GBP exchange rate and the pre-order discount code, and it's a price that's hard to beat at the moment.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Those Bowman welds!

Image
:unbelievable: :scared:


Multebear wrote:
sefton wrote:

Anything better than the caad for an alloy frame? Cinelli?



No, not really. Only different.

The Caad 10 is exactly as good as the carbon version Supersix Evo, it's just not as compliant. And a bit heavier.

It's a different type of ride (of course, given it's a different material) to the Evo. But to say it's 'not as compliant' is selling it short. To the point where I'll disagree. It's also more than a winter or training bike. My CAAD10 is my race bike. And if it's fine for me to pilot through a Melbourne to Warrnambool (280km race) then I really cannot think of many more tests it might need to pass to prove it's better than some carbon bikes (some of which I have owned).

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:58 am
Posts: 1
Here is some additional information regarding the the highly rated aluminum/scandium frameset/bicycle available available since model year 2015 in the Japanese market:

http://ysroad.co.jp/osaka/2016/09/07/19204 (The 2017 Pantani Replica, I believe sold as a complete bicycle "out-of-the-box."')

Rumor has it that Bianchi is considering importing a Pantani Replica replica to the US....but my source did not say if it was a carbon bike or the aluminum/scandium bike as pictured, below:

http://bianchi-store.jp/store_news/yoko ... C_0356.jpg

http://bianchi-store.jp/store_news/conc ... 0d07a5.jpg

http://www.rideworks.jp/event/602.html

http://www.ysroad.net/shopnews/detail.php?bid=382021

http://www.climbbikes.com/2016_09_05_71694.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm
Posts: 803
Tinea Pedis wrote:

It's a different type of ride (of course, given it's a different material) to the Evo. But to say it's 'not as compliant' is selling it short. To the point where I'll disagree. It's also more than a winter or training bike. My CAAD10 is my race bike. And if it's fine for me to pilot through a Melbourne to Warrnambool (280km race) then I really cannot think of many more tests it might need to pass to prove it's better than some carbon bikes (some of which I have owned).



I sold my Caad 10 a couple of months ago, because it wasn't as compliant as my Supersix Evo Hi-Mod. My back was aching after longer rides on the Caad, that isn't the case with my Supersix. Maybe your back is stronger, or maybe you don't have a Supersix to make a comparison. I've done at least 10k km on both of them in the same period of time. Some days I rode the Supersix and some days I rode the Caad. I mostly rode the Caad on weekdays, and the Supersix in the weekends while racing. But if the weather was perfect, I rode the Supersix on weekdays as well. I did a lot of switching back and forth between them. And I had the exact same settings on both. Same saddle, stem and bar as well. So to make a comparison between the two is pretty straight forward for me.

I'm not suggesting the Caad isn't a raceworthy bike, but it is more harsh than it's carbon brother.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 327
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Those Bowman welds!

Image
:unbelievable: :scared:

Not sure what sort of lighting they used for those pictures, but this is what mine looks like (cropped from a couple of different photos):

Image Image
Image Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 8408
Location: Geelong
Multebear wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:

It's a different type of ride (of course, given it's a different material) to the Evo. But to say it's 'not as compliant' is selling it short. To the point where I'll disagree. It's also more than a winter or training bike. My CAAD10 is my race bike. And if it's fine for me to pilot through a Melbourne to Warrnambool (280km race) then I really cannot think of many more tests it might need to pass to prove it's better than some carbon bikes (some of which I have owned).



I sold my Caad 10 a couple of months ago, because it wasn't as compliant as my Supersix Evo Hi-Mod. My back was aching after longer rides on the Caad, that isn't the case with my Supersix. Maybe your back is stronger, or maybe you don't have a Supersix to make a comparison. I've done at least 10k km on both of them in the same period of time. Some days I rode the Supersix and some days I rode the Caad. I mostly rode the Caad on weekdays, and the Supersix in the weekends while racing. But if the weather was perfect, I rode the Supersix on weekdays as well. I did a lot of switching back and forth between them. And I had the exact same settings on both. Same saddle, stem and bar as well. So to make a comparison between the two is pretty straight forward for me.

I'm not suggesting the Caad isn't a raceworthy bike, but it is more harsh than it's carbon brother.

Given I sold my S2 because it caused me lower back pain and I had the latest Super Six Evo Hi Mod to compare my CAAD10 to (I'm a freelance writer/bike reviewer) I'm happy with my feelings on the two. It's not gospel. It's a shame your CAAD10 seemingly beat you up.

Your last statement is also relative. And I expect some reading it will take it out of context. But this is the internet so happy to leave it be.

_________________
VeloKicks
The Gram
The Men of Steel


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:47 pm
Posts: 66
Interesting how different human bodies can react on a certain frame. Since I have a CAAD10, I don't suffer from any lower back issues anymore. I understand this probably could be the geometry as well. I must admit that I actually don't have a full weight weenie saddle, but one that gives me slightly more cushioning and comfort (it's the stock Prologo Kappa Evo saddle that came with the bike).

I have choosen a CAAD10 on purpose, knowing that alloy is more direct and harsh compared with a carbon frame. Alloy gives me simply better feedback from the road and I can notice a better reactivity on accelarations.

I have also had a Canyon alloy frame, which was very stiff as well. Canyon comes very close to Cannondale, also in terms of the overall quality. But I went for the Cannondale because of its geometry and turned out to be a good choice for me. The CAAD10 is definitely a keeper to me 8)

_________________
CAAD 10 2015


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm
Posts: 803
@ Tinea Pedis

I'm not in any way suggesting, that the Caad 10 isn't raceworthy or compliant at all. In fact, I love it, and I would buy it (or maybe a Caad 12) again, if it wasn't for my back problems, and maybe I will do it anyway despite my bach problems. And of all of the alloy frames out there, I wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend it to everyone interested in alloy frames.

I'm just saying, that it isn't as compliant as the Supersix. And since the two are made of different materials, but besides from that they are identical, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If you don't feel any difference between the two - I'm happy for you, that saves you a lot of money, but there may be a ton of reasons for that. But I feel a noticable difference to the extent, that my back at the end wasn't capable of riding more than two days in a row on the Caad. With my Supersix I'm able to ride five days in a row with no back issues. At the time with the issues I was around 90 kg's, maybe that's what made the difference. I don't know.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 839
Location: belgium
Kinesis Aithein (probably the lightest and still very very rideable for racing etc.)
Rose SL 3000 (too good for the money!)
Canyon ultimate AL (overall very good, but wouldn't be my first pic)
Specialized Allez smartweld (if you want something racy)
Colnago Strada SL (probably the most beautiful)

_________________
Bianchi EV3, Master Olympic, Pinarello Asolo


Top
   
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:25 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:47 pm
Posts: 66
Multebear wrote:
@ Tinea Pedis

I'm not in any way suggesting, that the Caad 10 isn't raceworthy or compliant at all. In fact, I love it, and I would buy it (or maybe a Caad 12) again, if it wasn't for my back problems, and maybe I will do it anyway despite my bach problems. And of all of the alloy frames out there, I wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend it to everyone interested in alloy frames.

I'm just saying, that it isn't as compliant as the Supersix. And since the two are made of different materials, but besides from that they are identical, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. If you don't feel any difference between the two - I'm happy for you, that saves you a lot of money, but there may be a ton of reasons for that. But I feel a noticable difference to the extent, that my back at the end wasn't capable of riding more than two days in a row on the Caad. With my Supersix I'm able to ride five days in a row with no back issues. At the time with the issues I was around 90 kg's, maybe that's what made the difference. I don't know.


It sure wasn't your weight, I weigh 89kg though :wink:

_________________
CAAD 10 2015


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Caad 12 repaint and re-purpose - Frame support

in Road

Ltyarbro42

5

778

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:59 pm

TheKaiser View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Planet X Galibier SL Alloy Road Frameset - Cheap 900G Alloy Frameset

in Road

waltthizzney

7

2660

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 am

wingguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Caad 9 fork

in Road

Simmo72

11

1050

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 pm

nickf View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cannondale Caad 12 build

in Road

digitalnorbs

14

2035

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 am

sabba View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. shorter dustcap for CAAD 12

in Road

are

2

520

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:50 pm

evan326 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZR3, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hexsense, Lionheart, madik, petal666, wingguy and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited