Switching quarq powermeter between specialized cranksets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Louie

by Louie

Hi just wondering if it is possible and if so how to do so, switch my quarq pm from my specialized shiv tt bike to my Tarmac, both run the same crankset, the tt bike has specliazed aero rings and the road bike has praxis.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I would just switch the whole crank over otherwise it notmally takes 3 rides or so for the quarq to stabilise after a ring change
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Super easy... if you have the tool for the lock ring.

As above, I'd keep chainrings the same if possible due to the period of time required to get stable readings, assuming crank lengths are the same, why not just use the one crank for both bikes?

The Specialized cranks are a modular system, the spider, cranks and rings are all individual pieces so you can swap out compatible parts as needed.

Louie

by Louie

Thanks for the responses, I don't mind just using the one crankset. Do I need to use a torq wrench for this?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Preferably yes, and check the pinch bolt periodically for fatiuge.
Using Tapatalk

topflightpro

by topflightpro

If you can run the same crank on both bikes, just move the crank over. Don't bother swapping the spiders.

That said, Quarqs used to have issues with needing re-calibration when changing chainrings. Quarq used to have a chart explaining which units needed recalibration for going to different combinations of chainrings. I don't know if that is still the case, but you will want to look that up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com