What are you holding out on?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlaitinen

by jlaitinen

Disc equipped Canyon Aeroad with Ultegra DI2, or if the price isn't too high Sram Etap HRD.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lovemyway

by lovemyway

jlaitinen wrote:Disc equipped Canyon Aeroad with Ultegra DI2, or if the price isn't too high Sram Etap HRD.

I'm on the same boat! I want the disc brake Aeroad or Ultimate. All the current Canyon sales are really tempting (especially the Endurace one), but I hope they make something new with the disc brake version (thru axles, new paint schemes).

Other than that I'm waiting for Tarmac Disc to have thru axles (and 142mm rear spacing?), it's a great bike that doesn't need many changes but this one would be great.

Last thing - it would be nice if big players in the cranks department would produce even longer crank arms (more than 180mm).

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

cmcdonnell wrote:A disc road bike with normal race geometry with clearance and mounting points for fixed guards and 25mm tyres, running campag and some disc specific (Lighter wheels due to lower stresses on rims, rather than standard wheels with disc attached). Probably wont see it this year. Specialized Tarmac Disc S-Works would have almost hit the spot (-Campag) if it could actually take discs properly. BMC Roadmachine 02 may be close but not seen one in the flesh yet (again - Campag but need to be realistic!)

Im hoping the Canyon Ultimate Disc ticks these boxes for me too. Well, ill likely run DA insted of Campy.

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

lovemyway wrote:
jlaitinen wrote:Disc equipped Canyon Aeroad with Ultegra DI2, or if the price isn't too high Sram Etap HRD.

I'm on the same boat! I want the disc brake Aeroad or Ultimate. All the current Canyon sales are really tempting (especially the Endurace one), but I hope they make something new with the disc brake version (thru axles, new paint schemes).

Other than that I'm waiting for Tarmac Disc to have thru axles (and 142mm rear spacing?), it's a great bike that doesn't need many changes but this one would be great.

Last thing - it would be nice if big players in the cranks department would produce even longer crank arms (more than 180mm).

They had them at eurobike! How are they gonna do that and then not release them for 2017 :(

liketoride

by liketoride

audiophilitis i too would jump on a Cervelo Sca! what do you think the weight would be for a 56cm?

maxxevv

by maxxevv

A Colnago C60 Disc built with DA9170.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

bikewithnoname wrote:I'm just enjoying riding my bikes at the moment, I don't think any new standards will change my level of enjoyment unless someone develops truly breathable, warm and waterproof shoes...

Maybe in 6months time I'll be craving wireless hydro di2, but they need to add contact adjust to the levers, I will not accept brake rub on a road bike.

Oh and I would really like a reliable dropper post for my MTB, why can nobody build one!?

9point8 dropper post.

PaulSurrey

by PaulSurrey

I'm holding out for long arm front derailleur and self extracting powertorque to be added to Veloce as I love this groupset, I put this on my classic steel Roberts except for making use of a spare SRAM Rival chainset I had. I would also add a complete Veloce groupset to my carbon Ribble to replace my old ultegra 6600 groupset. If that's not going to happen I'll leave the Roberts as is and so I'm also following user feedback on Potenza as it begins to get rolled out.

Really I want to settle on Campag for overall compatability even though I appreciate I may end up with 11 on one, 10 on another and also 9 on another but I'm not touching the Record Ti on my Fausto Coppi. The Rival on my carbon Viner can stay there for a while too.

I didn't start out with the intention of having Shimano, SRAM and Campag across different bikes like this by the way! It's a long story. It's been fun for a few years though before concluding my personal preference was Campag.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I am waiting for Luck shoes with power meter.
Also still waiting for a helmet with good integrated front-rear lights.

Finally, any road group combining a power meter with wireless (or just electronic) shifting, for less than a 1000 euro.
Everything is there, so it is only a matter of prices...

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Camag disc brakes as mt spyres self adjust now when riding creating drag.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Get a set of Juinn Tech hybrids. They work really well.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... kes-50248/

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

bm0p700f wrote:Camag disc brakes as mt spyres self adjust now when riding creating drag.

Googled "Camag" and got nothing. Linky?

AJS914

by AJS914

He means Campagnolo.

Roel W

by Roel W

Canyon Ultimate SL (not SLX) with Campagnolo Potenza disc.
I'm not interested in an expensive upper range Ultimate CF SLX disc with Record or Super Record disc.
Ultimate AL with Potenza disc would also be nice. At least Campa, disc, affordable and 28mm compatible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com