Pinarello F8 XLight on a scale

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I hope the 46cm frame will fit the rider....and hope that he didn't get a frame this small because he wanted the lightest frame. Usually a frame this small the wheels are sized as 750c to avoid toe-wheel overlap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

pdlpsher1 wrote:I hope the 46cm frame will fit the rider....and hope that he didn't get a frame this small because he wanted the lightest frame. Usually a frame this small the wheels are sized as 750c to avoid toe-wheel overlap.

Shouldn't be an issue. According to the geometry charts the 46.5cm F8 has the same front-centre as a 52cm Evo, and only 3mm shorter than a 52 Tarmac.

but as an aside, what is up with Pina's geo chart? :noidea: A 47 and a 51.5 have the same stack, and a 50 is 5mm lower than both? WTF? :unbelievable:

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

wingguy wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:I hope the 46cm frame will fit the rider....and hope that he didn't get a frame this small because he wanted the lightest frame. Usually a frame this small the wheels are sized as 750c to avoid toe-wheel overlap.

Shouldn't be an issue. According to the geometry charts the 46.5cm F8 has the same front-centre as a 52cm Evo, and only 3mm shorter than a 52 Tarmac.

but as an aside, what is up with Pina's geo chart? :noidea: A 47 and a 51.5 have the same stack, and a 50 is 5mm lower than both? WTF? :unbelievable:

"Bike Manufacturer In Dodgy Sizing SHOCKER"

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

wingguy wrote:

Actually 47 is a tall version of 50. I'm not sure what the story was behind this but they added sizs 47 a few years back into the line and it's been pretty well received here in south China/Hongkong market.

jimborello

by jimborello

Daaaaaamn, 8500usd frameset and it has a weight limit??? I really dont see the case in buying this. I know it is a halo bike but they might have gone too far with this.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

kgt wrote:828gr at size 46 so I guess around 1000gr at 56? What's the weight of a regular F8 then?

Funny you ask, I just bought an F8 and had it weighed before it was built.
Size 56, style 674 (matte with a glossy red stripe). I'd bet a full gloss is more and a full matte less.

The weight was 1037 grams with all hardware except for the headset. Close to what I expected. The seatpost is 220 grams and the uncut fork...darn it, I can't find the report from my LBS now ( the other weights I remember )

As built:
SRAM eTap but with eecycles brakes ( Cane Creek is shipping them! )
Enve 100mm stem and bars
Shamal Mille clichers, the older 15mm width
Selle San Marco Aspide saddle
Keo Blade 2 pedals ( this is an all-in weight, except for the cage and Garmin )
Total = 6.73 kg. Light enough!
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

kgt

by kgt

So it seems that F8 x light is not that lighter than a regular F8. I would not be surprised if they weight the same!

xena
Banned

by xena

What a scam ,,,,,XL :lol: another Pina/SKY fanboy ripped off.
I mean that fork and 46cm.

Scammed again . Do they supply free asthma remedies :lol:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/