Heroin bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

McGilli

by McGilli

moonoi wrote:
XCProMD wrote:Can they mean "héroïne"-female of hero-)??

I find the bike to be sexy but the price is outrageous... But in Rolo, Factor ballpaks. There is an audience for this stuff.

No, just read the Cycling Weekly article BRM linked to, but the name is because it's supposedly the most addictive thing on the planet and almost impossible to give up.........idiots

Next up : CRACK bikes!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

"Glass BBQ Cycles" haha
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mergeforthekill

by mergeforthekill

moonoi wrote:
XCProMD wrote:Can they mean "héroïne"-female of hero-)??

I find the bike to be sexy but the price is outrageous... But in Rolo, Factor ballpaks. There is an audience for this stuff.

No, just read the Cycling Weekly article BRM linked to, but the name is because it's supposedly the most addictive thing on the planet and almost impossible to give up.........idiots

Haha, my god thats' dumb.

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

I could get over the name, but that cost. Holy crap! Way too much.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Jesus, how ridiculous to get all bonkers over a name.
Anyway, it clearly made rings on the water judging by the discussions here.
Why not focus on the bike instead of it's name?

I mailed Heroin bikes and they told me, the bike will be available with different groupsets and also wheels.
The thing not mentioned on their web (strangely) is that the bike will be custom built for the buyers choice (talking geometry).

Clearly an expensive bike, but i would not mind owning one.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

dj97223

by dj97223

With that name, I wouldn't even consider it. The drug killed someone very close to me, and many others could say the same thing. What a stupendously stupid and thoughtless name, then they double down with the dumbness in the marketing. Yeah, it gets attention, but only in a bad way. What next, "Holocaust Bicycles"? :evil:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

LOL at start-ups still trying to charge that much money for carbon frames.

David Millar with that Factor bikes thing is the same.

The reason they are so expensive is not anything to do with the 'design innovation' (lol), it is just because they haven't developed the awesome economies of scale that the big makers have. Dressing this fact up as something else is a decent marketing BS move though, I suppose.

As for this one; nah. Would rather spend much less money on a frame from Canyon/Spec/Cannon/Giant etc., which has gone through decades of design iteration and mega-bucks wind-tunnel and pro tour testing to get it where it currently at, than the result of a weeks fannying around in Solidworks on a Macbook Pro in Starbucks.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TDI ^, you know there i still people who buys what is marked as exclusive.
So perhaps it's a small scale sale, but it would be fun to test the bike.
Anyway, i agree the asking price is horrendous.
Perhaps it should have been with THM Clavicula SE and the new stem.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

BRM

by BRM

TheDarkInstall wrote: Would rather spend much less money on a frame from Canyon/Spec/Cannon/Giant etc., which has gone through decades of design iteration and mega-bucks wind-tunnel and pro tour testing to get it where it currently at, . . .

Marketing has grip on you . . . . :)

martinko

by martinko

I don't get why anyone should spend that much money for a bike made by who? If I just designed a bike, stamped the "exclusive" on it and asked ridiculous price for it, would you consider it? Because I would surely not. I don't see anything special on this bike. It more seems to be a rip off of existing aero-bike designs with absolutely no invention in graphics, which I would expect today in the era of black color dominating bikes and kit, accompanied with high price tag.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

wheelsONfire wrote:TDI ^, you know there i still people who buys what is marked as exclusive.

Oh absolutely! That is how most of the designer brand world makes its' money in whatever sector they are in.

BRM wrote:Marketing has grip on you . . . . :)

Haha, nah, you can see the designs from these guys mature and refine over the years each model has been in existence. They definitely spout a load of marketing shit about their own stuff though, I agree, but you can see with your own eyes how things progress with time.

We should 'design' an official WeightWeenies frameset and see how silly we can get with the pricing and marketing. :)

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

martinko wrote:I don't get why anyone should spend that much money for a bike made by who? If I just designed a bike, stamped the "exclusive" on it and asked ridiculous price for it, would you consider it? Because I would surely not. I don't see anything special on this bike. It more seems to be a rip off of existing aero-bike designs with absolutely no invention in graphics, which I would expect today in the era of black color dominating bikes and kit, accompanied with high price tag.

Beautiful :beerchug:

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

This is nothing i argue against, believe me.
But, long time ago i spoke to a very eccentric man which is also the Co for a high end brand hifi company.
Now, from this i learned that there are actually clients who discard products that don't cost a certain degree of money.
Just so happens, that it proved that this is very much happening in all markets.
Be it hifi, cars, motorcycles, boats or even bikes.
These clients may not be the semi pro guys or workhorse amateur cyclist.
But these people exist wether we find it strange or not.

Btw, nothing says Heroin is either a super bike, or not.
I still wonder to what degree the frame is custom for the buyer.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

The Snob effect, which you describe, is well established in economics. Often, the objective is to give the illusion of exclusivity (Colnago and Pinarello perhaps?) rather than actually limiting supply. I guess that at least these guys are formally limiting the manufacturing run.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

wheelsONfire wrote:This is nothing i argue against, believe me.
But, long time ago i spoke to a very eccentric man which is also the Co for a high end brand hifi company.
Now, from this i learned that there are actually clients who discard products that don't cost a certain degree of money.
Just so happens, that it proved that this is very much happening in all markets.
Be it hifi, cars, motorcycles, boats or even bikes.
These clients may not be the semi pro guys or workhorse amateur cyclist.
But these people exist wether we find it strange or not.

Btw, nothing says Heroin is either a super bike, or not.
I still wonder to what degree the frame is custom for the buyer.

Haha, you are definitely right. I used to read WhatHiFi religiously, and the stuff that went on in that world dwarfs what goes on with high end bikes.

2000 quid interconnects... lol