WCB-R-081 build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PureSek

by PureSek

communication with their sales person has been very unhappy.

they insist that this has nothing to do with the quality issue, therefore i will have to pay for the shipment back and forth if i requested for exchange.

totally disappointed with workswell, now probably will sand down the surface myself and hope it wont crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erickr

by erickr

Update:

now 6.52 kg/14.39 lbs

Changes :
swapped out generic expander for an extralite expander
swapped out the 3T stem for a Kalloy Uno.
swapped out the Rotor 3D+ for a pair SISL2s I found for a great price on ebay!!!
swapped out the carbon seat for a Selle Italia Superflow SLR with titanium rails
swapped all stem and all frame bolts (except for the seat post) out for titanium from toronto cycles

I've put about 2500 mile on this frame and and can confirm this is a nice, stiff ride and there is no flex at all (although I'm only 60kg). I love the way my build has turned out so far and am very happy with it. I don't think I'll be shopping for a new road frame anytime soon.

As far as weight savings I could probably change out the tape and update my stainless steel Speedplays to titanium. I don't think I want to sacrifice any comfort on the seat as I really like the Superflow SLR.

TBa

by TBa

Hi,

i want to buy this workswell-frame, too. I'm 1,78 m, so what frame size should i take??
Thanks, Thorben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

TBa

by TBa

I don't know about this geometry. Recommended for my body height is Size 54, but it seems to small for me, because the Seat tube is only 50,5 cm...Image

TBa

by TBa

Nobody??

Hexsense

by Hexsense

TBa wrote:I don't know about this geometry. Recommended for my body height is Size 54, but it seems to small for me, because the Seat tube is only 50,5 cm...

Why would you care about Seat tube? the top tube slope down like most compact/semi-compact geometry thus seat tube is low.
it doesn't tell a thing. Compact Geometry will always have smaller seat tube for the same size.
check about compact geometry:(Giant TCR is extremely compact) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQ1PimjpaE
Check Stack and Reach man. Only those two values that matter.

i'm 5'6.5" (168.5cm) and using size 49 whereas they recommend me size 52. And it fit perfectly.
If i'm 170-175cm i'd consider between 52 and 54. 175-180cm definitely 54. Only if you are 180cm+ then 56 make a lot of sense.

Joseph1978

by Joseph1978

Hello everyone, I'm really interested in frame WCB-R-081 but i'm not sure if it's possible to install the shimano ultegra Di2 internal batterie or must be the external one.
Could anyone tell me?
Thanks.

AZR3

by AZR3

Ask Workswell, they've always been very helpful when I had questions

Joseph1978

by Joseph1978

In the description says,DI2 battery is hidden in Down tube,
But I wonder where exactly.
Can anyone take a picture and show us?
I'll try to ask them about that,although In my opinion owners might know better than the salesperson.

spltunes

by spltunes

There is no space in the downtube. I putted it in the seatpost.

Joseph1978

by Joseph1978

spltunes wrote:There is no space in the downtube. I putted it in the seatpost.

So it's posible to install the battery inside it?
There's enough space, right?

spltunes

by spltunes

Yes, no problem to install it inside, wrapped with bartape!

Joseph1978

by Joseph1978

spltunes wrote:Yes, no problem to install it inside, wrapped with bartape!

Thank you very much, now and knowing that it's possible to install the battery inside the seatpost, I'll look for the best price for the groupset.

Wildh

by Wildh

Anyone using this bike notice flex in the steerer tube or head tube? Side to side flex seems higher than any bike I've had.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erickr

by erickr

Wildh wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 am
Anyone using this bike notice flex in the steerer tube or head tube? Side to side flex seems higher than any bike I've had.
Hasn't been an issue for me but I'm a featherweight.