Specialized Increasing costs again

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I work in a Scott, Cannondale dealer. Both are increasing prices for 2017, Cannondale have dropped the spec.

No offence to anyone but it's easy to see new cyclists, they're the guys that think prices should drop or stay the same.
I remember for decades the price increased in bikes every year.
People used to always hunt down the previous years bike that was generally the same spec, just a different colour scheme and slightly cheaper.
This seemed to stop 5-6 years ago.
Normal service needs to be resumed to keep the cycle industry alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lw11

by lw11

tarmackev i'm not sure where you're located but I know there's been a huge surge in popularity in cycling here in Australia and everyone seems to be buying the medium to high spec bikes. With the 2017 models now coming out with eTap and DA 9100 prices were always going to increase. Every manufacturer, no matter what industry, looks to decrease production cost and increase price. Brands such as Giant and Canyon that have traditionally been seen to offer the best value are now similarly priced in line with other manufacturers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattyNor

by mattyNor

lw11 wrote:tarmackev i'm not sure where you're located but I know there's been a huge surge in popularity in cycling here in Australia and everyone seems to be buying the medium to high spec bikes. With the 2017 models now coming out with eTap and DA 9100 prices were always going to increase. Every manufacturer, no matter what industry, looks to decrease production cost and increase price. Brands such as Giant and Canyon that have traditionally been seen to offer the best value are now similarly priced in line with other manufacturers.

A giant TCR with etap, carbon wheels/cockpit, etc comes in at 8500 CAD, there equivalent specialized would be north of 10k. I do not see any added value going shesh let alone 1500 worth

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

lw11

by lw11

mattyNor wrote:
lw11 wrote:tarmackev i'm not sure where you're located but I know there's been a huge surge in popularity in cycling here in Australia and everyone seems to be buying the medium to high spec bikes. With the 2017 models now coming out with eTap and DA 9100 prices were always going to increase. Every manufacturer, no matter what industry, looks to decrease production cost and increase price. Brands such as Giant and Canyon that have traditionally been seen to offer the best value are now similarly priced in line with other manufacturers.

A giant TCR with etap, carbon wheels/cockpit, etc comes in at 8500 CAD, there equivalent specialized would be north of 10k. I do not see any added value going shesh let alone 1500 worth

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

mattyNor you're right. Giant TCR Advanced SL retails for $8,500 here but most are advertised at $7,500.