Hylix Carbon Seatpost - 27.2mm weights + photos

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
raffit78

by raffit78

If you purchased the post that uses oval rails, should be no problem. If you purchased round adapter then you might want to get a hold of the seller. They are now selling the oval adaptors separately.

(Had that problem)

Bought the post came as a round adapter and had to order the oval adaptor to work with my saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

NoBlink

by NoBlink

Well it was fun while it lasted, but I switched back to my alloy seatpost. I rode the Hylix seatpost for about 2 months (round clamps). After a month I realized the saddle kept slipping so I constantly needed to adjust it so the saddle would not lean back too much. Then on a short after work ride I rode off a sidewalk and heard a crack. After that I could not tighten the adjuster anymore which meant it was nearly impossible to keep the saddle level. I had to ride back semi standing

jekyll man

by jekyll man

toshi wrote:
NoBlink wrote:Just received mine today. 31,6 and setbackImage

Are the clamps on this particular Hylix post safe for use with typical 7x9 carbon rails?

The trek/bontrager ears are the easiest option to get hold of- use them.
I think there's 2 different versions for oval rails though.
Official cafe stop tester

F45

by F45

raspaa wrote:^ was it torqued to spec? Warranty replacement/feedback?

Yes, torqued actually not near the maximum. Got a refund. This was the setback version with the aluminum chunk on the top portion glued on.

Got an FSA K force and it works fine.

ironman1

by ironman1

Looking to get a carbon cradle like Klastor1 cradle with extentions for more rail support. I have seen them for 31.6 and 30.9 but not 27.2. has anyone seen just the cradle for sale ?