World fastest and lightest oversized pulley wheel cage system

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

Stirling wrote:
micky wrote:Very interesting, especially the weight part but if I understood correctly the Shimano version would only work up to 11/26 cassette?
Any shifting video?

It would be a nice idea to send it to FrictionFacts for a review.

I afraid people will think this is an advertising. I just a designer :noidea: , I really want to know what is mostly roadbike rider want.
Because upper wheel axis also locate the cage dead point, one bolt two functions to save the weight. Final version will fit 11-28.

it says that the Shimano 9000 series is ready to ship? i like the one arm SRAM version with sturdy top pulley. i would like to try one out...but costs still seem a bit high. very close to Brenner.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Looks pretty nice .. would need to work with 28t for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

if i send you a new campag super record rd will you do one for campag. because that looks magic and i want one. plus thankyou for posting. it is great to have designers posting on the forum.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Stirling

by Stirling

Kayrehn wrote:Are you able to tell us the weight of a stock cage (say sram etap cos I have one [emoji1]) so that we can have a weight comparison?

Original SRAM RED cage 47g.

Stirling

by Stirling

kode54 wrote:
Stirling wrote:
micky wrote:Very interesting, especially the weight part but if I understood correctly the Shimano version would only work up to 11/26 cassette?
Any shifting video?

It would be a nice idea to send it to FrictionFacts for a review.

I afraid people will think this is an advertising. I just a designer :noidea: , I really want to know what is mostly roadbike rider want.
Because upper wheel axis also locate the cage dead point, one bolt two functions to save the weight. Final version will fit 11-28.

it says that the Shimano 9000 series is ready to ship? i like the one arm SRAM version with sturdy top pulley. i would like to try one out...but costs still seem a bit high. very close to Brenner.

All already ship in the end of December.
(Shall we talk about business in indiegogo? I pretty afraid it is bad in weightweenies. Thanks.)

Stirling

by Stirling

spdntrxi wrote:Looks pretty nice .. would need to work with 28t for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final product will fit 28T, Maybe I need change the number on indiegogo, that just prototype number.

Stirling

by Stirling

mrgray wrote:if i send you a new campag super record rd will you do one for campag. because that looks magic and i want one. plus thankyou for posting. it is great to have designers posting on the forum.

Thank you a lot, it is not difficult for me. It is already have new perk on indiegogo.
I really like campag design, My first road bike use VELOCE 10S with old RECORD rear derailleur. When I started design the oversized pulley I afraid it will destroy campag's tbeautiful.

mile2424

by mile2424

no love for Berner? That's what some of the pro's riding in TT's would use.

mrgray

by mrgray

berner very hard to get i thought.

edit
apparently not too hard (website updated since i last looked) but quite expensive. as in 500 euro

another option is carbon dry from japan but similarly expensive as berner.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Stirling

by Stirling

mrgray wrote:berner very hard to get i thought.

edit
apparently not too hard (website updated since i last looked) but quite expensive. as in 500 euro

another option is carbon dry from japan but similarly expensive as berner.

My friends like use RIDEA or CERAMICSPEED.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

964Cup

by 964Cup

I've got a UCB on my DA9070. Works very well, including 32T. Carbon cage with Ti pulleys and ceramic weighs the same as the stock cage, so it's not a weenie move - but it's much nicer than having to use an Ultegra GS6870 RD in the mountains...

wootenlakeguy

by wootenlakeguy

Is this world's fastest and lightest oversized rear derailleur cage currently being produced and available for sale? The references in the original topic show it being distributed only to original Indiegogo contributors over the holidays. However, it doesn't reference future production or where further information can be found.

I'm interested specifically in the Sram E-tap version and would like to give one a try if I can find where too buy.

I appreciate any update.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I PMed Stirling about a week or more ago but no response from him at all. Am looking at the same thing as well...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

My experience with the 15 the top and bottom pulley systems are that the pulley rubs the largest cog of the cadsette, negating any friction benefits gained. I even used longer be screw to no effect. Ended up putting back the stock dura ace cage and happy again.