eTap + Garmin 1000

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ergott

by ergott

I have that combination. My problem is the gearing display. It will only go on sporadically and then show " - - ". I can't figure out how to predict when it will show. Sometimes when I coast it comes on then off. I rarely comes on when I shift.

Someone suggested removing both lever batteries (2032s) and this didn't work.

I'm also using a Red Quarq (current gen.) if that matters. I tried the battery removal without waking up the crank if that helps.

Aside from this minor issue I love using the eTap. I am constantly switching from Di2 (7850 levers), Double Tap, and Record on my road bikes. The hands are getting used to the idea of so many different gear change methods!

Thanks!
:noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HaroldC

by HaroldC

I have eTap and the 520 and have the rear gear displayed. It works flawlessly for me. I haven't had a hiccup since pairing the sensor to the 520. Maybe remove the eTap and re-add the sensor?

kkibbler

by kkibbler

That happened to me on and off for a while when I had my 520 set to show "gear combo" e.g. 50-15, then miraculously fixed itself after either a reset or a firmware update on the 520. I'm fairly but not totally sure that it was a problem on the 520 side, maybe from not getting a signal from a sleeping derailleur, rather than on the Etap side.

markfisher702

by markfisher702

Quite a while since the original post. Once in a while my Edge 1000 will go to 0/0 on front and rear gears display (eTap Red). If I cycle the front derailleur, that snaps it back to working again.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

markfisher702 wrote:Quite a while since the original post. Once in a while my Edge 1000 will go to 0/0 on front and rear gears display (eTap Red). If I cycle the front derailleur, that snaps it back to working again.

Correct. I believe the gear combo signal actually comes from the FD only (which itself is in comms with the RD). Cycling the FD wakes it up, so to speak.