Rocket 7 Customer Service: Worthless

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

I'm guessing prospective R7 buyers or current owners will be opening up this thread for viewing...those of you who are owners...try emailing these guys to get a set of heel pieces or insoles. So I severed my insole, and needed a replacement, they charge the credit card, etc etc. This was on May 18th. Still nothing, nor any response to 3 emails since. I sincerely hope I'll get it eventually, though I purchased different shoes because I couldn't deal with the wait any longer. Gah.

I'm not one to carelessly slander the name of a company in a public forum, but cmmmon. I've more than given them a chance, and all I can do on my end is warn others and hopefully get them to deter this level of carelessness in the future.

This also brings to mind: In 5 years of racing, the most outstanding customer service goes to Zero Gravity, top notch! Zipp and Cannondale are very good as well.

That's what forums are for...to commend good experiences, and discourage dumb business practice. Thanks for hearing me out.

pritchet74

by pritchet74

My experience with Rocket 7 has been the opposite. When I ordered my shoes 2 years ago the cleat holes were off a bit between the shoes. For that kind of money I wanted the cleat holes to be EXACTLY aligned between the two shoes. They were a couple of mm off so I called Dean at Rocket 7 & emailed him some pics. He called me right back & said to mail him the shoes. I had them back within a week & this time they were perfect!

Fast forward to 1 year ago: I left my shoes in my car for a day or 2 when we were seeing temperatures of about 105 degrees (F). When I put on my shoes there was a blister that had formed inside one of the shoes from the carbon baking in the car. Again, I called Dean & he had them repaired & back to me within a week - not even a $1 charge to fix this obvious non-warrenty type of issue.

I am a very happy Rocket 7 customer!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thewalrus

by thewalrus

Be sure your email isn't being eaten by a spam filter at your ISP, or at Rocket7 before you complain in public. Phone them and ask if they've received your emails... It's entirely possible your three messages have disappeared into a void.

DaveA

by DaveA

I am actually looking at Rocket 7 shoes as most other cycling shoes do not fit me well. :-(

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I love mine & the custom fit is absolutely incredible - they are really light too. The only mistake that I made was getting the "speedplay only" cleat mounting. It allows the foot to be closer to the pedal & I love my speedplays, but I can't use any other pedal if I felt the desire to try something else out. The shoes are comfortable but still stiff.

Castille

by Castille

I bought a pair of custom Rocket7 shoes, and I seriously regret it. I was fitted by an R7 rep, Pluto (very nice guy), and one of the shoes did not turn out right. Rocket7 offered to fix it--for about 70% the cost of a new pair. Now I'm stuck with one awesome shoe and one that is useless. If anybody has a nice bike with only one crankarm, let me know. :cry:

Like most of us, I've spent an absurd amount of cash on bike stuff, and I've bought my share of dud equipment. My Rocket7's are, without question, the only true white elephant I ever bought.

Many people are very happy with their R7's. With a bit of luck, you'll probably get a perfect pair like some of my fellow Weight Weenies.

I just wish I was one of them. [/i]

DC41

by DC41

There is an alternative. D2 Custom Footwear. The model that uses the sail cloth won't stretch. And I think their fit system is better than Rocket 7s.

The only problem is the backlog... last I heard it was more than three months.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

carrift5

by carrift5

I agree to double-check email addresses by calling them. I've been dealing w/R7 for a few months now ordering 2 prs of shoes and I know they recently went thru some email server changes, so my emails to @r7sports.com worked before the change but not after and @rocket7.com worked after the change but not before.

As for their customer service, I'm dealing with some issues myself and I've sent back 2 prs for them to re-evaluate the fit. Hopefully I'll be able to say customer service is great, but I too have shelled out a lot of money for their shoes and out of the box, the fit was poor at best.

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

thewalrus wrote:Be sure your email isn't being eaten by a spam filter at your ISP, or at Rocket7 before you complain in public. Phone them and ask if they've received your emails... It's entirely possible your three messages have disappeared into a void.

Well, I know at least one email eventually got through at first, and because of that, I was able to provide my CC #, so I don't think a spam filter is the issue, just neglect. And why would a spam-filter filter out an innocent message regarding their product?

I should mention that my gripe is with the service, not the product. I'm a huge fan of their shoes. I use the stock shoes, and have been on them for almost 2 seasons. Great stuff, fits well, stiff, everything.

thewalrus

by thewalrus

You sent your credit card number in a plain text unencrpyted email?

:(

Alpinist

by Alpinist

I sent my D2 fit kit off 2 weeks ago. Yeah, 3 to 4 months wait on that. I have to go with my ill fitting Sidi Mega's until the D2's arrive. I hope it's a great fit and worth the money (and the wait). I'll let you guys know.
I went with the crazy looking red/white & black checked color.

Alpinist

roleur21

by roleur21

I've had very good luck with them, but by phone. I know that everybody wants to only do email these days, but seriously, just call them before hammering them. Email is not easy to stay on top of, and I know our shop gets over 200 emails per day, mostly crap that takes one of our guys like 2 hours to filter through, and some of these small companies get 4 or 5 times that much email per day, but if you call them you get a live person right away. I talked to one of the Zipp CSR guys about this the other day and he said that they get like 2000 emails per day in their generic email box that somebody has to sort through, so if the phones are busy it is very difficult to stay on top of the email. This might be the issue with R7 as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com