CAAD12 BB Conversion - GXP to BB30

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I m looking to purchase a Caad 12 frame and move my SRAM RED22, Enve Cockpit and all other parts over from another bike. However my current bike has a SRAM Black Back GXP Ceramic Cup BB and comes with a SRM Power Meter S975 GXP Compact.

Could somebody please advise on what is the best way to do this. I know Praxis Work do a PRAXIS CONVERSION BOTTOM BRACKET, a CONV BB-SRAM™/GXP™ ISIS2 ROAD BB Size 68mm.

Is this the correct one? Or are there any other ones on the market? Better ones? Ceramic Ones?

Thanks in advance!
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

havana

by havana

Praxis has a good all-in-one solution. It's somewhat heavy, but very reliable. However, I'm not sure it'll work with BB30A. It's for BB30/PF30 only. [edit] It's not compatible.

C-bear has a similar product, which is specifically for BB30A.

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... e-sram-gxp

You can order C-bear directly from them simply by sending them an email. They ship really fast.

Another option is adapters which fit into you current bearings, but that's far from ideal (risk of creaking noises is large).

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/ca ... vativ.html
Last edited by havana on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Is the C-Bear better than the Praxis one? It seems the C-Bear is a Ceramic one as well?

If adapaters creak than I rather stay away from there, as it will drive me insane! :)

havana wrote:Praxis has a good all-in-one solution. It's somewhat heavy, but very reliable. However, I'm not sure i'll work with BB30A. It's for BB30/PF30 only. [edit] It's not compatible.

C-bear has a similar product, which is specifically for BB30A.

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... e-sram-gxp

You can order C-bear directly from them simply by sending them an email. They ship really fast.

Another option is adapters which fit into you current bearings, but that's far from ideal (risk of creaking noises is large).

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/ca ... vativ.html
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

havana

by havana

C-bear = ceramic. Quality is outstanding.

Praxis will not fit.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

racingcondor

by racingcondor

I used the Wheels Manufacturing adapters this summer and they seemed to work very well (installed by Condor with lock tight). Not a great year for me though so although they were ridden in all weather they didn't do more than a couple of thousand miles.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

What about the standard headset it comes with! Is that fine or should I upgrade! As I m buying it as a frame set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

havana

by havana

Nothing wrong with the headset. If you maintain it properly it will last longer than the bike. Make sure you put lots of marine grease on the lower bearing. Repeat this proces at least once a season.

The dimensions are quite specific; only the original will fit.