Stages Power meter for Campagnolo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

icenutter

by icenutter

Does anyone know what is going on with Stages offering power meters for Campagnolo? This
http://www.stagescycling.com/en_EU/stages-for-campagnolo/
announcement says Spring 2016, and its the Autumn now...

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

They've quietly dropped this it seems, after encountering issues in production and currently have no plans to bring a carbon crank product to market.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/08/stag ... tions.html

One of the last posts in the comment section.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

icenutter

by icenutter

That's a bummer :cry:

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Yes, it's unlikely to happen i'm afraid

The problem is that no 2 campag carbon cranks are the same!!!, so makes it nigh on impossible to get the powermeter to operate accurately
They would effectively have to make a single powermeter for each crank, which just isn't feasible

So the main option that remains is the Power2Max - on the plus side, the new NG is out, so the TypeS will no doubt be going on the cheap! (unless you're buying from a sterling pot - where nothing is cheap at the moment!! lol)

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Stages Image

Lemond75

by Lemond75

After pre ordering a Chorus Stages PM (and paying for it) I was a little concerned by this thread so emailed Stages directly to get an answer, and here is what they said:

thank you for getting in touch with us, campa will defenetly be launched. It looks like we are ready to launch it in Q1 2017. Please contact Saddleback LTD to get closer information as they are the Distributors for UK.

Thanks,
Mike

Q1 of next year fits in with what my local dealer was told by the UK distributor only last week so I'm hoping it is legit!

icenutter

by icenutter

Well that's much better news!

Wookski

by Wookski

So many better options than stages IMO- what about p2max for campag?

djel

by djel

Wookski wrote:So many better options than stages IMO- what about p2max for campag?

like what? Stages can be had for 475$, 4iii is 400$...p2max is minimum 640$ but for most applications you need the crank as well so 830$++

Quarq is 780$+ but not quite WW

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Just save up & get an SRM or a P2M. That's what I did, no regrets.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

Lemond75

by Lemond75

Chorus stages PM is £749 whereas the P2max 2015 Campagnolo version is around 1600 euro I believe?

I've had a powertap G3 for the last year and have just bought a stages for my training bike so will see how it fares. From what I can gather the aftercare from the uk Stages distributor is really good; hopefully I won't need to use it but I understand many of the problems related to the first generation model?

dogrange

by dogrange

I'd be all over the BePro pedal based PM for my campy bike if it used SHimano instead of Look cleats.

Wookski

by Wookski

djel wrote:
Wookski wrote:So many better options than stages IMO- what about p2max for campag?

like what? Stages can be had for 475$, 4iii is 400$...p2max is minimum 640$ but for most applications you need the crank as well so 830$++

Quarq is 780$+ but not quite WW

There will always be something cheaper out there, just do it properly the first time and save money in the long run.

junchen

by junchen

dogrange wrote:I'd be all over the BePro pedal based PM for my campy bike if it used SHimano instead of Look cleats.

Garmin vector, with ultegra adapter kit? Choice of single side and double side (depends on ur budget)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Go for the Power2Max Campagnolo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com