New bike giant defy advanced or bmc roadmachine

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TonyM

by TonyM

bearsdidit wrote:
TonyM wrote:
bearsdidit wrote:Definitely the SLR01. Have a great riding bike with clip ons > average riding bike with dedicated fenders. If possible, definitely check out the Paralane. In theory, that could check off every box for you.

Ok! I was about to order the Roadmachine but I will think again.

The paralane has unfortunately an endurance geometry.

Definitely, ride both bikes before pulling the trigger.

I am currently riding a Colnago C60 and I really like it. My rain/ winter bike is an old Colnago Dream which I also like (but the aluminum is not as nice as the carbon). Both bikes have a race geometry, no spacers and long stem.

I want to have a rain bike which is with disc brakes for safety reasons (I got the ok for a new bike from my wife for that) but with a race geometry as I will use it not only in the winter (rainy) but also in the summer when it is also raining (PNW). So I really understand your point to prefer a great bike with clip-ons compared to an average bike with dedicated fenders. I was just thinking, based on the geometry, the brand BMC and the reviews that the Roadmachine would be a great bike with a race "feeling". Too bad it is not. However before I spend so much money, and also because I usually keep my bike a long time, I have to make sure to male the right choice.

The points I need are race geometry/ race feeling; disc brakes and fenders/ mudguards compatible.

by Weenie

TonyM

by TonyM

[quote="bearsdidit"]....Personally, I prefer the traditional stem configuration of the RM02 over the 01.../quote]

Why don't you like it?

I actually like the clean look of the ICS stem on the SLR01 ans RM01 but I am interested to get your opinion.

I am also quite concerned about the big holes where the cables are entering below the stem as the rain will get there and then run into the frame (I intend to use this bike as my "rain" bike). What do you think?