Lightest (useable) saddle in the world

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

weightdoesmatter

by weightdoesmatter

Dear all,

I'd like to present you a project of a friend of mine. He is now producing the lightest saddles in the world which are actually useable. There are a few mtb, road or thriathlets riding his saddles with really good feedback!

Please have a look at his website: http://www.gelucarboncreation.com

These saddles have been developed in cooperation with an orthopedist doctor and an engineer and Anghel himself has more than 20years of experience in the composites industry. There won't be 2 equal saddles since he produces them on order and are custom made to the buyer regarding the aesthetics of the saddle!

There are a lot of other interesting projects produced by them like seatposts or even disc rotors (which are being tested at the moment we speak).

Since this is weightweenies afterall, i thought this might worth to share :D

Best!
Last edited by weightdoesmatter on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

pretty amazing. weight limits are good too however all seem to be quite narrow.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

KCookie

by KCookie

Wow, that is light. Looks great to. Will check out the site.

BRM

by BRM

New member with 0 post . . . :roll:
They call this advertisement.

weightdoesmatter

by weightdoesmatter

BRM wrote:New member with 0 post . . . :roll:

Yes you are right, first post. But as far as i know that doesn't mean it's the first time reading the forum. Actually, i can tell you i've been visiting this forum for pretty much 10 years now, just didn't find yet a reason to regist or make a post, i am myself more of a reader than a writter.

Having that said, i believe these saddles are a good theme for a weightweenies forum. If you or anyone from the administration thinks it is not, well close and erase the thread, as simple as that :wink:

Have a good day!

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The site shows saddles that look quite nice.
But nothing over 126mm wide, which unfortunately makes them unusable for me.

trimenc

by trimenc

Me too, way too narrow for this behind!

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Saddles look good. Ignore BRM, I for one am happy to see new, high quality stuff here. I'm interested in buying one of your seatposts?

weightdoesmatter

by weightdoesmatter

cyclespeed wrote:Saddles look good. Ignore BRM, I for one am happy to see new, high quality stuff here. I'm interested in buying one of your seatposts?

Thanks for your comment cyclespeed! Like i said, this is a friend's project, i just thought it would be interesting to share! If anyone is interested in any of his products please feel free to contact him through the website. If necessary, i can help anyhow but just would like to make it clear that this is not my business, just sharing what i think is a product for weight weenies!

Thanks already for all the opinions, this is exactly what he needs to improve, i will let him know that a wider version would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

BRM

by BRM

weightdoesmatter wrote:

Yes you are right, first post. But as far as i know that doesn't mean it's the first time reading the forum. Actually, i can tell you i've been visiting this forum for pretty much 10 years now, just didn't find yet a reason to regist or make a post, i am myself more of a reader than a writter.

What a cliché. So in 10 years you had nothing to say but just today you thought after those 10 years of non speaking. Lets register. Halleluja you have seen the light. You finally are willing to participate and help others with your info. LOL Do you really think we all here are blind melons and don't see your real intention. 10 years lol, and now you only do this to help us . . . and your "friend" off course. You were interested in light parts/bikes what ever, but in 10 years you had nothing to bring in in any discussion.

People need to have a history here and a particular amount of posts and registered an amount of time before entering the Sale section.
ITS UNAPPROPIATE FOR A FIRST TIME POSTER TO RECOMMEND A SELLER OR PRODUCT.
Completely normal forum etiquette. After 10 years using this and other forums you should have known better.

Btw in those 10 years you focussed only on reading but forgot to read the rules apparently where is clearly stated:
•Pictures should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels.

BRM

by BRM

weightdoesmatter wrote:
Thanks already for all the opinions, this is exactly what he needs to improve, i will let him know that a wider version would be appreciated!

How is your so called friend not aware of the need for wider versions.
-He is assisted by a urologist?
-Doesn't he look to the competition?
-There are tons of so called reviews on your so called friends site, from amateurs and pro's in the bikescene, and noone asked him for a wider version??
-The advertisements speaks not only about weight but also comfort. How can you as saddle maker talk about comfort but ignore the fact that distances of sittingbones vary with people?

Looks to me he didn't do his homework at all . . . . .

NiFTY

by NiFTY

We all await BRMs saddle with great interest.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BRM

by BRM

Don't behave like a child, stick with the facts. I bring valid points forward. Discuss them! Not me . . .

weightdoesmatter

by weightdoesmatter

BRM wrote:
weightdoesmatter wrote:

What a cliché. So in 10 years you had nothing to say but just today you thought after those 10 years of non speaking. Lets register. Halleluja you have seen the light. You finally are willing to participate and help others with your info. LOL Do you really think we all here are blind melons and don't see your real intention. 10 years lol, and now you only do this to help us . . . and your "friend" off course. You were interested in light parts/bikes what ever, but in 10 years you had nothing to bring in in any discussion.

People need to have a history here and a particular amount of posts and registered an amount of time before entering the Sale section.
ITS UNAPPROPIATE FOR A FIRST TIME POSTER TO RECOMMEND A SELLER OR PRODUCT.
Completely normal forum etiquette. After 10 years using this and other forums you should have known better.

Btw in those 10 years you focussed only on reading but forgot to read the rules apparently where is clearly stated:
•Pictures should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels.

Yes, i do visit this forum for 10 years or more. By the time you weren't probably registered, by the time light bikes with really nice weightweenies parts were presented to us by Heinz Wittman or Nino Fenaroli...you remember those? By the time of longtime no seen Spin frames. By the time of the propeller cranksets (have you ever heard of those?) By the time disc mounts were shaved from mtb frames so you could save some grams...you remember that? by the time rock shox sid's internals were completely modificated to remove weight...you remember that? I do, i was already here!

And that is precisely because of people like you and your kind of posting that other people don't even bother to register or contribute with anything. There will always be someone who will find an argument to throw other people to the mud.

So please tell me, what is really the big difference on posting some quality information being it the 1000th post or the first postage ever? Is the quality of the thread influenced by it? Oh sorry, it's the rules........forgot that! :thumbup:

Regarding your accusation of me being the person behind Gelu, i wish but unfortunately i am not! Believe it or not, i'm fine with it. I just limited myself to show a product which is of the interest of any weightweenie. Like it or not, feel intestered or not, want it or not, wide or narrow..it is light and because of that it deserves to be on this forum.

Regarding the saddle's width, like i said, i am nothing but a friend from the guy who makes them so i cannot answer to that. But please, feel free to shoot him an email, i am pretty sure he will have the biggest pleasure to reply to you!

Sorry for the offtopic! (see, one thing i know from the "rules" of the forum, when you say something that is not directly related to the topic, you apologise)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

You try to move away from the facts. You can go on for ages with that, but you never will escape from the real issue.

Most important element here is:

ITS UNAPPROPIATE FOR A FIRST TIME POSTER TO RECOMMEND A SELLER OR PRODUCT. :smartass:

The focus should be on that my friend. :wink:
Your action to recommend a product as first time poster is doubtful. Period. I cant help. Every bright soul should come to the same conclusion.
It's just YOU that try to justify your action with a shitty "10 years read only" story.
(Comes in mind in daily life you must be a car sales man, or one that sells hair restorer lotions and other potions :) )

If I decided to recommend a product for a friend or whatever, I had used my intelligence and calculated that it would not be smart to do such a thing in my first post ever on a forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The width of these saddles is something else, complete other discussion. :!:
Im a critical thinker and more people should use their brains instead of just following blindly what they get in front of them. I mentioned a handful of things. Imo a person that wants to set up a serious business and set a serious productrange in the market will do his homework. How does it come he offers only small saddles? Read again the sumup I wrote after the question: How is your so called friend not aware of the need for wider versions?

And also how does it come none of the other posters here have noticed this lack in the way I bring these points forward?
Everyone can see them, its just wide open information.

You tell that the comments in this topic is exactly what he needs. Then I think oh, just one or two people start to mention width in this till now limited topic. And this is what he needs? Really?

Contradictive points here:
1] Didn't he do market research before he started??
2] Didn't he got tons of reviews already and with that a lot of feedback??

subpoint:
When he is aware of the demand of wider versions, if he want to produce them in the future or not, he better communicate this on his website. When starting a business not only the product is important but also the right way of communication to the customer. In one way or the other there I see here a flaw, a simple one that in an early state should be detected by people that starts a serious business.

A person that starts a business in saddles should be aware of the need of different widths. Period. Nothing special but just basic core thoughts around saddles.
You as promotor of his products now sees the little width feedback of 2 people here something that you need to tell your friend.
this is exactly what he needs to improve, I will let him know that a wider version would be appreciated!

You really think these 2 comments about width is important to know for your friend?
If so, your friend needs urgently help with the strategy of his business.