Lightest (useable) saddle in the world

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Wow, BRM, lighten up, for goodness sake.

It's not easy bringing new, hi-tech products to market with small budgets. If people like you crush the spirit of small entrepreneurs like these, the world would be a worse place.

They seem to have a wide range of saddles for different tastes and styles, but even if they only had ONE saddle, so what? Better than nothing, right?

Companies that started out small with good ideas like Speedplay, Rotor, etc. need encouragement, not heavy criticism. The more products for us the consumer to choose from, the better right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

basilic

by basilic

interesting. It would be helpful if the website explained the differences between the models (shape? flexibility? etc), added various profile pictures so one might guess if the shape might suit you or not. Or even comparisons with well known saddles (SLR, etc)?

sawyer

by sawyer

Good grief ... how did this thread get to be such a rumpus?

Looks very interesting. 100g+ weight saving over existing standard high end saddles and in a good place to save weight on the bike

What well-known saddle would we compare this to in terms of fit?

Any chance of making something Arione like?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

trimenc

by trimenc

BRM is EXACTLY why many of us have been reading this forum for a long time and not posting. When you bring nothing but negativity to EVERY post that you care to chime in on, it really brings the whole forum down. I am sure that you are going to lash out at me because I am new and only have 20+ postings (oh the horror), but that is your issue, not mine. It does not detract from the fact that this forum and the world as a whole would be nicer if people would treat others a little bit kinder, instead of finding a reason to constantly lash out at everyone. I hope you have a better day, sir.

BRM

by BRM

trimenc wrote:BRM is EXACTLY why many of us have been reading this forum for a long time and not posting. When you bring nothing but negativity to EVERY post that you care to chime in on, it really brings the whole forum down. I am sure that you are going to lash out at me because I am new and only have 20+ postings (oh the horror), but that is your issue, not mine. It does not detract from the fact that this forum and the world as a whole would be nicer if people would treat others a little bit kinder, instead of finding a reason to constantly lash out at everyone. I hope you have a better day, sir.

Blaming me and others that come with honest critics. We should be the problem that people dont register and participate?
What really degrades forums is the lack of vision and people that don't respect the normal rules and etiquettes. It hunt the more educated away.

Its a pity most here have difficulties to see whats really wrong here.
Although I bring it under words, they just ignore.

You react on me instead doing an attempt to refute the things I came with.
Says enough. You have the wrong focus.
Last edited by BRM on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trimenc

by trimenc

I should have seen that one coming from a mile away. You are right, everyone else is wrong. You are omnipotent. You are the only one here that thinks. I am so sorry to have offended you. Good day, sir. No sense having a gun fight with an unarmed man.

Menkromsen

by Menkromsen

Do not take my word too serious as I'm a n00bie user, just a longtime lurker on this forum ;)

While I agree with many of the later posters, I don't really think BRM's first comment was overly harsh.
My first reaction was also "Strange thing, 0 posts and a showcase for something a friend of him makes - advertising..."

My second thouht; Wow - that's light!

Farwheels have an active seller in these forums (and thats great) , so I'm not agaist "light" advertising, but I do think OP should have written this in a different way...

natefontaine

by natefontaine

BRM has valid points, all else is left to the reader.

junchen

by junchen

natefontaine wrote:BRM has valid points, all else is left to the reader.

This.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

llhh

by llhh

BRM

Nice rant, bro.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the internet for us :D
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

trimenc

by trimenc

llhh wrote:
BRM

Nice rant, bro.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the internet for us :D

I assume you are talking to me, and....You are welcome! :lol:

Denavelo

by Denavelo

popcorn.gif

The world has become such a weird place. Online forum enforcers (not a bad thing, kind of sort of), and people wanting kumbaya peace. Forums have always been about community and sticking up for community rules, plain and simple. I got ripped on paceline for sticking up for the community. It's just like every damn gentrified community in your city. No respect for the rules of the land that laid before you moved (Posted) in there. No one cares anymore and when you go vintage on them about rules and culture, you become the villain. Sticking up for etiquette and community no longer gets kudos, just "Why are you a hater?" responses.

That's all. Amazing saddle but way to small for all of the junk food I eat!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

sungod

by sungod

there's a button for reporting inappropriate posts, it's up to the mods thereafter

ww is generally one of the more civilized cycling-related sites, ranting, for whatever reason, degrades it

edit: and nice saddle, i do like the perforated one, but need to be wider options

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

MODERATOR'S NOTE: COOL IT. There's nothing wrong with bringing new products to light. Anyone who jumps in should do so at their own risk.

Back to the topic...
Speedplay is the devil!

perwjensen

by perwjensen

trimenc wrote:BRM is EXACTLY why many of us have been reading this forum for a long time and not posting. When you bring nothing but negativity to EVERY post that you care to chime in on, it really brings the whole forum down. I am sure that you are going to lash out at me because I am new and only have 20+ postings (oh the horror), but that is your issue, not mine. It does not detract from the fact that this forum and the world as a whole would be nicer if people would treat others a little bit kinder, instead of finding a reason to constantly lash out at everyone. I hope you have a better day, sir.

+1,000

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com