Does anyone use Dura Ace with a 1x setup and Alfine left brake lever?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Curious if anyone uses such a setup for maximum weight savings. If so, would love to see how the two levers look next to each other.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ewwhite

by ewwhite

I have an Alfine 11-speed Di2 setup with an Alfine left lever and an Ultegra right lever.

The lever shape is the same. The only real difference is the Alfine lever material (aluminum) versus the carbon on the Ultegra lever.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

I have mounted rear derailleur Ultegra 6870 with shifters Alfine Di2, in one Planet-X London Road with 1x11

stk57

by stk57

Ritxis wrote:I have mounted rear derailleur Ultegra 6870 with shifters Alfine Di2, in one Planet-X London Road with 1x11

Hi, I plan to convert my road (Allez Sprint) to Shimano 1x11 and maybe Di2 (rear DA or Ultegra derailleur). What is your crankset setup ? Shimano with one RF/Hope/... ring ? How do you keep a good 1x chainline ? Offset on the ring or the bolts ? Just curious.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

stk57 wrote:
Ritxis wrote:I have mounted rear derailleur Ultegra 6870 with shifters Alfine Di2, in one Planet-X London Road with 1x11

Hi, I plan to convert my road (Allez Sprint) to Shimano 1x11 and maybe Di2 (rear DA or Ultegra derailleur). What is your crankset setup ? Shimano with one RF/Hope/... ring ? How do you keep a good 1x chainline ? Offset on the ring or the bolts ? Just curious.

Dura-ace 7800 cranks with Raceface chainring
Attachments
100_2504.JPG

stk57

by stk57

Thanks for the details. :beerchug:

roadieboy

by roadieboy

ewwhite wrote:I have an Alfine 11-speed Di2 setup with an Alfine left lever and an Ultegra right lever.

The lever shape is the same. The only real difference is the Alfine lever material (aluminum) versus the carbon on the Ultegra lever.

That is an awesome ride. It definitely deserves a thread of its own...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

melchionda

by melchionda

I run a 1X Di2 set up and bought an Alfine 1X lever as the left side lever. The shape was the same, but I decided not to use it because the Alfine 1X lever was heavier than my Di2 lever.

What I ended up doing was taking an old Dura Ace 7970 lever and removing the Di2 guts and using that instead. It was much lighter.

Sean