WOODman Carbon EL seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sib

by sib

Does anyone have any experience with this post?
Good/bad points? In particular, how securely does it clamp the saddle?

Finally, I have never used a carbon seatpost before. Every time I ride, I pick my bike (about 9kg fully loaded) up by the nose of the saddle and take it down a flight of stairs, and then back up again at the end of the ride - will a lightweight carbon seatpost be able to handle this?

Thanks in advance!

AZR3

by AZR3

I've got about 1200 miles on my EL post without any issues. No issues with saddles slipping or moving at all, I've had similar style seatposts and they all clamped the saddles rails securely.

As far as carrying the bike by the nose, I can't see any problems with that, riding would bring about more issues than just picking your bike up by the nose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sib

by sib

Thanks for the feedback @AZR3 - just what I was after!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

sib you are concerned about the weight of 9kg of weight hanging from a saddle and seatpost then are presumably going to rest your delicate man bits on that same saddle/seatpost in addition to presumably 70+ kg of weight and ride at speed on presumably less than mirror smooth roads?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

why would you worry about carbon fibre it is an very tough material. millions of people ride arround on carbon fibre frames and forks wheels e.t.c and you are worried that somehow you might break it by picking up the bike by the saddle.

if you worry about that then dont ride your bike, as riding is a more hazzordous activity. I have one of the posts by the way un rideen as of yet but I am not worried either.

trimenc

by trimenc

I have Woodman products, although not the EL post, and the quality of the parts is always top notch.

nickf

by nickf

Compatible with oval carbon rails?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Top and bottom clamping posts have no issue with oval rails as the width of rail is no different from the top or bottom. Side clamping posts can have issues or require different clamps in the event of oval rails
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com