Source for bebop cleats?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glepore

by glepore

Anyone? Seems that no new ones are available, at least through a google search.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Zak

by Zak

I think I have a new pair laying around in the basement. If you are interested in purchasing them I can have a look, but they will shipped from Denmark.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Thanks for the offer, was really looking for a retail source to buy a few pair if they're going away...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

tazzalenghe

by tazzalenghe

Hi Zak

Do you still have the spare pair of Bebop cleats you mention in your October 3 post? if so, I would be happy to purchase them and reimburse you for the cleats and shipping via PayPal. You can reach me at tazzalenghe@gmail.com which is also my Paypal address. Thanks.

Ian

Zak

by Zak

Sorry, the cleats have been sold to another happy bebop weight weenie user. Good luck hunting :-).

SimpleGuy

by SimpleGuy

tazzalenghe wrote:Hi Zak

Do you still have the spare pair of Bebop cleats you mention in your October 3 post? if so, I would be happy to purchase them and reimburse you for the cleats and shipping via PayPal. You can reach me at tazzalenghe@gmail.com which is also my Paypal address. Thanks.

Ian

I have a set of Bepop pedals and cleats with very little use, never got used to the feeling of them before I switched to Look pedals. If you can put them to good use that would be great.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

glepore wrote:Anyone? Seems that no new ones are available, at least through a google search.

Unfortunately, VP have decided to stop making them. Last fall they had problems with a supplier, but still planned to start producing them in the new year, however they then changed course because of limited factory space and minimal demand, and have discontinued them.

Its a bummer because, while I'm not currently using them, I have a set with some worn out cleats, and was toying with the idea of getting them back in action for a gravel bike. They have a nice blend of Speedplay zero style float and low stack height, but with a walkable and clog resistant cleat.

If you were using them with 2 bolt MTB shoes, rather than road shoes with the 3 bolt adapter, and you want something with a similar amount of float, then you might want to check out Speedplay Frogs. They're just as walkable and clog resistant and have just as smooth float, although the stack height is a bit higher.

glepore

by glepore

Thanks for the update. I figured as much after not seeing them anywhere online, and moved on to Xpresso's. I did like the Bebop's, cleat cost aside. Rode them for 15 yrs or more. I'm happy with the Xpresso's as well, and they're almost as light. The only thing lacking is the low stack, but they do have a larger platform.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com