Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm 

+1 for Parlee Z-zero!

I have owned mine for nearly two years, and have had a few other bikes on the side in the same time, including my current Colnago C60. None have felt as special to me as the Parlee; though there are times when i'm out on my C60 when I just love it, to me it doesn't feel as exciting.

My Z-zero is a BoB (which as per the recent comments is a bit passe) but i love it as you can see the workmanship in all of it's glory (mine has a wax finish). I'm now a Parlee convert and have just ordered a Chebacco gravel bike with custom paint - i personally think few other companies can produce such interesting designs as they do (want it to look like it's cut from timber? no problem! Prefer a futuristic light-show effect - easy!). Anyway, I know that you won't regret the decision to go down this route, but i'm sure the Legend would also be spectacular.

Lastly, one other brand that has tickled my fancy is Passioni - uber expensive, but wow! Anyway, I look forward to hearing what path you go down...enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 pm 

Colnago c-60

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:12 am 

Lafolie wrote:
Andrewjn wrote:
Okay I will ask the question, how much does a Sarto go for? Currently riding a Ciocc Devilry some 7 years old and maybe a time to look at replacement

I emailed Sarto three times.......and they never got back :-(

Warren if your looking at Sarto email info@impactct.co.uk

De Rosa Protos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:12 am 

Lafolie wrote:
Andrewjn wrote:
Okay I will ask the question, how much does a Sarto go for? Currently riding a Ciocc Devilry some 7 years old and maybe a time to look at replacement

I emailed Sarto three times.......and they never got back :-(

If your looking at Sarto email info@impactct.co.uk

Time Skylon , Cipollini NK1K

De Rosa Protos

Last edited by td100 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:46 am 

For a frame with the kind of exclusivity you're after I would look seriously at the Sarto Lampo

C60 is very nice for sure, but let's not pretend it's all that exclusive. It's no S-Works, but there are a lot of them about ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:09 pm 

sawyer wrote:
For a frame with the kind of exclusivity you're after I would look seriously at the Sarto Lampo

C60 is very nice for sure, but let's not pretend it's all that exclusive. It's no S-Works, but there are a lot of them about ...

good point !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:39 pm 

It's gotta be Legend. Marco Bertoletti's framebuilding CV is right up there with Ernesto and Dario.

If I were to chuck in my 2 cents (despite you finalising a shortlist) I'd say why not consider a De Rosa Protos, but the custom route you could go down on the Legend path would probably "celebrate" your 50th better

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:58 pm 

Congrats on your 50th b-day and definitely a great chance to make it a special one with a spanking new frame.

After looking through the past few posts, it seems like you're definitely heading down the custom route?

I remember reading into a new company called "Holland Cycles", a company founded by a former employee of Serotta. Once glance at their frame and I was smitten (heart palpations, sweating and the drooling type). If you're still looking and have not yet decided, you may want to read/contact the company?

Read about the company http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/03/07/nahbs-2016-holland-cycles-shapely-lugged-carbon-hc-road-bike-finally-out-for-a-ride/

Holland Cycles http://hollandcycles.com/

There is no other way of guarding oneself against flattery than by letting men understand that they will not offend you by speaking the truth; but when everyone can tell you the truth, you lose their respect.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:12 am 

Custom built frame should be best :)
It will being with you next 10 years

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:56 am 

I would go with a C60 with a custom paint job and pick it up in Italy! That would make a great 50th birthday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:04 pm 

jimaizumi wrote:
Congrats on your 50th b-day and definitely a great chance to make it a special one with a spanking new frame.

After looking through the past few posts, it seems like you're definitely heading down the custom route?

I remember reading into a new company called "Holland Cycles", a company founded by a former employee of Serotta. Once glance at their frame and I was smitten (heart palpations, sweating and the drooling type). If you're still looking and have not yet decided, you may want to read/contact the company?

Read about the company http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/03/07/nahbs-2016-holland-cycles-shapely-lugged-carbon-hc-road-bike-finally-out-for-a-ride/

Just looks so ordinary ... at first glance generic Farsports type thing ... and then you notice the lugs ... ok, it's something a bit different

Boring looking frame for sure though

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:09 pm 

sawyer wrote:
jimaizumi wrote:

Just looks so ordinary ... at first glance generic Farsports type thing ... and then you notice the lugs ... ok, it's something a bit different

Boring looking frame for sure though

I agree. Tube and lug carbon frames like that are old fashioned and ugly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:06 pm 

great stuff !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:43 am 

I agree with a previous poster about making the bday special by combining a trip with picking up a bike. That also takes pressure off the bike and would be truly memorable. So congratulations. Pick a dream destination and a great bike and combine the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:43 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:22 pm 

sawyer wrote:

It's not that exclusive, but every ride on C60 would be exclusive experience :), so would make to ride more,not just to be on the wall like many exclusive things :)

Someone suggested to go for picking up in Italy. I done like that with mine this summer, and whole experience was very exclusive.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next