New Cervelo Tri Bike: P5X?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jekyll man

by jekyll man

It's that fast, its been running in the back of stationary traffic...
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

endershan

by endershan

jekyll man wrote:Image

It's that fast, its been running in the back of stationary traffic...

Is that a mechanical-hydro caliper? Not so aero to me....

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Those discs and all their associated hardware simply cannot be as aero as rim brakes would be on that thing. I'm having flashbacks to the days of SoftRide Beam technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wingguy

by wingguy

endershan wrote:Is that a mechanical-hydro caliper? Not so aero to me....

SRAM don't have a hydraulics TT brake lever yet, do they? Shimano do (or will once they've actually made enough to start selling) and it woud at least look better with some proper flat mount calipers on there.

Grill

by Grill

wingguy wrote:
endershan wrote:Is that a mechanical-hydro caliper? Not so aero to me....

SRAM don't have a hydraulics TT brake lever yet, do they? Shimano do (or will once they've actually made enough to start selling) and it woud at least look better with some proper flat mount calipers on there.

You know who does? Magura. I wonder if Cervelo have ever heard of them... :doh:

wingguy

by wingguy

Haha I was thinking that. Then decided to stop because trying to imagine the decision making process was making my brain hurt! :lol:

Miller

by Miller

endershan wrote:It maybe a TRP HY/RD: http://www.trpbrakes.com/category.php?p ... 6&subcat=0

Definitely is. I have them on my gravel bike, lol. Cable to the brake then actuating a hydro piston. Great stoppers actually but bulky - not an obvious choice for a tri/TT bike. Strange given Cervelo's existing tie-up with Magura for hydro rim brakes, TT6 and TT8 models.

jeffy

by jeffy

Shouldn't he be using a Camelback hydration backpack?

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

The hydro brakes on the Magura are a closed system, not what you need here

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just noticed the waterbottle mounts. Looks like it positions your waterbottle horizontally along the top of the mid chassis suitcase. Better have a good seal on that waterbottle spout or there's gonna be one sticky sports drink mess all over that thing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

coppercook62

by coppercook62

why would you need disks brakes on a tri bike?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You don't.

McNamara

by McNamara

Tri bikes already run with horizontal bottles - lots of people mount a bottle between the aero bars. Been around for years.

I don't mind a tri bike that isn't strictly UCI-legal, but I still want to ride something approximating a diamond-shaped frame. This and a few other new tri bikes look more like motorcycle frames, and not in a way pleasing to my eyes. And agreed, no one needs disc brakes in a non-draft-legal triathlon. For draft-legal races, I could see a benefit, especially if the course is very hilly.

McGilli

by McGilli

On the photo of it in the office - why are the valve stems like 15cm long?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com