New Cervelo Tri Bike: P5X?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

endershan

by endershan

Saw this photo today, opinions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TiCass

by TiCass

That looks rad!
But rim version please.

wkwt

by wkwt

I'm sure they are going to say now that disc brakes are more aero than rim brakes.

TiCass

by TiCass

They went full retard at integrating / cleaning as much as they can... but lets take that MTB stuff and paste it on what will be presented as the most aero bike ever made (by cervelo at least).

Its a TRI bike, you barely need brake!!!

Shrike

by Shrike

Most of us are riding in contemporarily poor bike design I bet. And we know why. It's exciting to see a renewed push recently, and it's interesting how certain design features keep reappearing.

Fav recently was the Diamondback 'Kaneda's bike'. I would ride that thing to oblivion. :P

Shame the disc brakes garner all the attention. Such a huge distraction to a long lost war. DB is here it's just a matter of refinement now.

eric01

by eric01

That's pretty awesome. Always like to see new bike designs. I like the diamond back one too.

If only the uci would relax its rules...
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

srshaw

by srshaw

eric01 wrote:That's pretty awesome. Always like to see new bike designs. I like the diamond back one too.

I really wish the uci would relax the rules, weren't they originally put in to save costs? Like the price of a bike is a major cost to the teams who spend millions on buses and the likes.

Actually the cost of developing the bikes might be quite high, but the stupid uci rules does nothing to reduce it. I for one would like a return to the 'Indurain' era and let's see some radical looking bikes.

Seems silly that joe public can buy some awesome looking frames, but the pros can't use them (obviously triathletes can).

wingguy

by wingguy

srshaw wrote:I really wish the uci would relax the rules, weren't they originally put in to save costs?

Never heard that justification from the UCI except maybe for the 'has to be available to buy' rule.

The reasons for the uci rules are aesthetics (literally, they want bikes to look like bikes) and to limit peformance differences. They don't want any team to have a TT bike so good it gives a weaker rider a good chance of beating a stronger one. They call it the primacy of man over machine - their vision of bike racing is a contest between riders not manufacturers.

caddis

by caddis

Saddle's too high and no tuck..

Grill

by Grill

Terrible geometry, disc brakes, and slower than the P4 and P5? Where do I sign!

caddis

by caddis

And it looks like 36 inch wheels as well...

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

picture looks doctored quite a bit.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Ghost234

by Ghost234

srshaw wrote:
eric01 wrote:That's pretty awesome. Always like to see new bike designs. I like the diamond back one too.

I really wish the uci would relax the rules, weren't they originally put in to save costs? Like the price of a bike is a major cost to the teams who spend millions on buses and the likes.

Not every team is rich. The big teams like Sky have a budget that is almost 10x that of the smaller ones. For the big teams, a super expensive bike isn't a big deal. Team sky an wreck a dozen Dogma's and not worry. But Dimension Data or Cannondale have to count their pennies constantly - and those are World Tour Teams. I know some Pro Conti teams that are almost always on the verge of running out of cash. The price is bikes are a concern for many teams. The price of bikes is less of a worry on the consumer side, at least on the top end. If someone is going to spend 15,000 on a bike, they are just as likely to spend $17,000.

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Front QR on the drive side pointing upwards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

endershan

by endershan

dynaserve wrote:Front QR on the drive side pointing upwards

I think it's more likely a thru-axle? Anyway the direction is not so aero :lol: