Specialized S-works road crankset (2017) weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

cyclespeed wrote:I don't think you'll have any problems with stiffness.

Anyone with etap and this new crank...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

endershan

by endershan

rcb78 wrote:I've got one still on order and didn't know the spindle changed. Not that it really matters, but is it still a true BB30 length spindle or did the lengthen it and you have to run spacers now like a BB30A, 386evo, or something along those lines.

Good to know about the spider, I've got a Quarq on my desk waiting for it and it's reassuring to know they still fit.

I fit this on my tarmac SL5 using a wave washer, ~3mm spacer and the bearing seals, so I suppose the spindle is a bit longer, but it is not long enough to fit in a BBRight or a BB386 frame.

endershan

by endershan

elfuinha wrote:
cyclespeed wrote:I don't think you'll have any problems with stiffness.

Anyone with etap and this new crank...?

The pic I posted comes from a S-works Venge Vias Disc, which is built with Etap HRD. I rode it for about 30k, it works flawlessly, and I couldn't feel any flex ( and I weigh 115 kg ).

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Thanks for sharing...
Note this crank as weight limit of 109kg Inc. Bike and gear.
Already bought one to use with spam red chairings and enduro xd15 pfbb30... Let's see if etap will work better in this configuration.

Enviado do meu C6903 através de Tapatalk

endershan

by endershan

elfuinha wrote:Thanks for sharing...
Already bought one to use with spam red chairings and enduro xd15 pfbb30... Let's see if etap will work better in this configuration.

Is that right? The one I rode did not come with a manual. This crank is heavier than the previous version, so I don't see the reason why they put a weight limit on it...

I think as long as you are using the red chainrings, everything will be fine. Are you experiencing Etap issues with current configuration?

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Yes, lack of space to the crank arm...

rcb78

by rcb78

endershan wrote:I fit this on my tarmac SL5 using a wave washer, ~3mm spacer and the bearing seals, so I suppose the spindle is a bit longer, but it is not long enough to fit in a BBRight or a BB386 frame.

Thanks for the info. Going on the same model Tarmac for me as well.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

endershan wrote:

Is that right? The one I rode did not come with a manual. This crank is heavier than the previous version, so I don't see the reason why they put a weight limit on it...

I think as long as you are using the red chainrings, everything will be fine. Are you experiencing Etap issues with current configuration?

On thrusday will put a Sworks crank and With Red Chainrings, let's see if it solves the ETAP problems i'm having in the FD.

endershan

by endershan

elfuinha wrote:
endershan wrote:

On thrusday will put a Sworks crank and With Red Chainrings, let's see if it solves the ETAP problems i'm having in the FD.

Is the bolt having contact with the crank arm? Rumor has it that etap comes with a shorter bolt now, which solves the problem you may have encountered. Have you tried contact the dealer for a new version of the bolt?

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Still didn't ride it, for long time... Just tested to see if the FD were working...
First impression is that is very stiff... Also sram red chainrings work better with Etap.

DSC_0351.JPG

endershan

by endershan

elfuinha wrote:Still didn't ride it, for long time... Just tested to see if the FD were working...
First impression is that is very stiff... Also sram red chainrings work better with Etap.

DSC_0351.JPG

Impressive! Thanks for sharing, mine came in last week but I'm still waiting for the Quarq spider.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Am I right in saying you can't buy these in anything smaller than a 170?

endershan

by endershan

cyclespeed wrote:Am I right in saying you can't buy these in anything smaller than a 170?

Yes, even at the smallest size (49), venge vias disc came with a 170mm crank.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

endershan wrote:
cyclespeed wrote:Am I right in saying you can't buy these in anything smaller than a 170?

That's a real shame - they used to make 165 and 167.5, I can't understand why they would stop doing that...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

endershan

by endershan

cyclespeed wrote:
endershan wrote:

That's a real shame - they used to make 165 and 167.5, I can't understand why they would stop doing that...?

They changed the design of homemade crank and most top bikes are equipped with cranksets from Shimano and Sram. Perhaps making their own cranks costs too much?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk